PDA

View Full Version : Shortstacked with sooted connectors

flyby4553
05-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Party $10+1, how would you have played this hand given that there are still NINE players left halfway through level three and your the shortstack?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero (t445)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB (t790)</font>
UTG (t705)
UTG+1 (t775)
MP1 (t935)
MP2 (t685)
MP3 (t1895)
CO (t775)
Button (t995)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, BB calls t50.

Flop: (t200) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, BB calls t100.

Turn: (t400) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets 245 (All-in).

Did I play it right, or should I have looked to see a free river given that my FE is pretty low?

Maulik
05-26-2005, 07:40 PM
interesting hand. I would have played this very differently.
Either push the PF or complete the SB push any flop.

Nothing wrong with pushing the turn, but I would have gotten my chips in on that flop w/ two clubs.

jacks321
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I would've played this faster, either pushing preflop or calling the big blind. I think the min-raise is a mistake. If BB goes over the top, you're left with an unpleasant decision. Better to either push or call here, I think. Again on the flop, I probably would have pushed, but I kind of like the way you played it.

pergesu
05-26-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I play it right, or should I have looked to see a free river given that my FE is pretty low?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet you min-raise 1/4 of your stack preflop...here's a hint - that's not going to make your opponent fold. Don't make that worthless raise, push.

Once you see the flop, anything but pushing is wrong. He said he doesn't want the chips - they're yours if you want them. Fortunately you have some outs too if he's trapping you.

You might also consider folding here, and waiting for a better hand to push with. One that's likely to win blinds, but a lot more likely to double you up if called.

What's your image at this point? If you just lost a ton of chips on the previous hand, I've noticed that a lot of players convince themselves you're making a tilt play and lower their calling standards tremendously.

starvs
05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't much like the raise preflop. The only reason not to go all in preflop is if you intend to fold to a reraise (or you have a monster and want some action, maybe I'm just really bad, but I don't consider this a monster). I don't think you can fold to a reraise since you would leave yourself with 7BB and you would pretty much be getting the odds to call anyways. So like the others said I would complete and push the flop, or just get it all in preflop and hope BB will just go away.

Nick M
05-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Yeah I am not raising here...I have to call because I don't want to look like a sissy an fold, but I wish I could. Plus I don't want people to push me around. I'll call and hope to get lucky. Pushing here is pretty crazy I feel. There's so many people left and you get a lot of free hands. You are trying to save 25 and win 50 by risking everything. That doesn't sound too smart to me.

lastchance
05-26-2005, 09:24 PM
t75 is a huge amount for someone with only t450. I don't know if I push or complete, but you've only got 10x BB, so pushing here might be correct.

Also, I check-push flop if I complete and he checks. No way I'm not seeing the turn or river or giving him odds to call me.

Nick M
05-26-2005, 09:30 PM
I feel that 75 is worth the same to someone with 450 and someone with 1450 in this situation. When I'm short and the table is big, I try to take less risks. You're risking everything for 75 that does nothing for you with a full table. If it was 5 handed that's a different story. But you have so many free hands 75 in chips is meaningless.

lastchance
05-26-2005, 09:41 PM
This is wrong, and it isn't close. The difference between 5x BB and 6x BB is infinitely larger than the difference between 14x and 15x BB, when L4 comes around and it's push/fold.

petvan
05-26-2005, 09:47 PM
I would fold this preflop and wait for a better spot. To make a good move, for me, you're pretty much going to get committed pretty quick, so you'd need to be ready to push, which I wouldn't want to do with this hand.

dan123
05-26-2005, 09:54 PM
you spelt suited wrong

david050173
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I am not raising here...I have to call because I don't want to look like a sissy an fold, but I wish I could. Plus I don't want people to push me around. I'll call and hope to get lucky. Pushing here is pretty crazy I feel. There's so many people left and you get a lot of free hands. You are trying to save 25 and win 50 by risking everything. That doesn't sound too smart to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like completing. If the BB raises you you have to lay it down. And the BB should be doing that a lot.

You have to push the flop. You have 345 chips left and flush draw. If he calls you are likely to have outs. If you fold, you are going to have to be pushing the next hand with just about any 2.