PDA

View Full Version : Preview of Inflection Point Theory from HOH 2

vindikation
05-26-2005, 07:34 PM
http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue6/malmuth0506.html

gumpzilla
05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
As far as I can tell, what hides on the other side of the inflection point is nothing more than mid-late game SNG math that we talk about all of the time here, with some minor flourishes.

kiffl
05-26-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as I can tell, what hides on the other side of the inflection point is nothing more than mid-late game SNG math that we talk about all of the time here, with some minor flourishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...but it will still be a good book.

Bluff Daddy
05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
If thats it then why would Mason say this? [ QUOTE ]
So again let me state that I believe this book will cause a sensation. My prediction is that there will be more debate on our forums over these ideas than we have ever seen before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause a sensation and the biggest debate ever.. either hes full of crap or there has to be something more

Freudian
05-26-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Cause a sensation and the biggest debate ever.. either hes full of crap or there has to be something more

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps a great recipe for scones at the end of the chapter.

oxymoron
05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If thats it then why would Mason say this? [ QUOTE ]
So again let me state that I believe this book will cause a sensation. My prediction is that there will be more debate on our forums over these ideas than we have ever seen before.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he is referring to all of the new people that will by the book, come to the website and then start posting "Hey I have a nifty idea...what if I fold AA before the flop??" /images/graemlins/mad.gif

AKQJ10
05-27-2005, 07:31 AM
LOL!

I love 2+2's books, but if they do have a fatal flaw it's hubris: that they're the ONLY good books out there, anyone who disagrees with them is just wrong, etc. In some ways that's understandable, because they're obviously used to being better than the competition.

At any rate, I can't judge Harrington II until I've read it, but I would guess that it's a very good book that's getting hyped by Mason Malmuth as a "sensation." We shall see.

(EDIT: Another guess is that the "inflection point" will be something that great tournament players already know by intuition, most of us here sorta know partially by intuition but can't effectively put into words or learn completely, and bad players don't have a clue about -- and still may not after buying the book. Just a guess.)