PDA

View Full Version : Lost...

beta1607
05-26-2005, 07:27 PM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Hero: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

4th Street - (1.90 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

5th Street - (2.45 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (4.45 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

River - (6.45 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

Total pot: (8.45 BB)

Ordinarily I would have likely folded 6th but my notes on villan said he was very agg with pairs so I didn't think he would limp 3rd with (xA)A but I didnt feel comfortable puting in raises anywhere either. I felt like it was one of those situations where you have to choose between the least shitty of the options rather then there being a right choice. Does anyone fold 6th or 7th? Is calling down the best option?

Roland
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Call it down – if only for the good of society. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Looks like today is the day of running into big hands… /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Good Friar
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't think I could fold it, especially since you note he's usually aggressive with pairs, but I'm not very good, It seems like he could be either weekly playing a semi dead flush draw, or a small pair with an ace kicker or three relatively big unsuited cards (I assume he'd play that faster).

PoorLawyer
05-26-2005, 08:02 PM
gotta call that down I think. Definitely have to call 6th otherwise you can't hit the gut shot straight flush /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BeerMoney
05-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Raise 3rd.

beta1607
05-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Normally I would raise here, but with two aces to act behind I would hate to get isolated by a reraise.

BeerMoney
05-26-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally I would raise here, but with two aces to act behind I would hate to get isolated by a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the fact they act so long after you, isolation isn't really an issue.

Rozez
05-27-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Raise 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? He's probably drawing to a gutshot or a flush on later streets so he should have someone to pay him off when he makes it, right?

Bartholow
05-27-2005, 11:55 AM
I would raise 3rd also. On 6th I think I call down but obviously you don't like it.

Andy B
05-27-2005, 06:15 PM
If he gets callers, he gets more money in with a hand that plays well multi-way. If he thins the field, he increases his chances of winning by pairing. If you only raise third street with big pairs, you will be too easy to read.

FWIW, I call this down, if only for the chance to hit the miracle <font color="red">Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font>. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BeerMoney
05-27-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I call this down, if only for the chance to hit the miracle <font color="red">Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif</font>. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the same way Mike Emery would play it.

SA125
05-27-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ordinarily I would have likely folded 6th

[/ QUOTE ]

This play would definitely lose more over the long term than it wins. Folding a made flush to trips on board on 6th is a loser.

Rozez
05-29-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he thins the field, he increases his chances of winning by pairing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess a raise would work here since he acts immediately after the bring-in. But I'm worried about those aces.

[ QUOTE ]
If you only raise third street with big pairs, you will be too easy to read.

[/ QUOTE ]
A good point.
Rozez

BeerMoney
05-29-2005, 09:19 AM
It also gives you the advantage of taking charge of the hand.. If your opponents have small pairs or drawing hands like hero has, hero may be able to pick up the pot on 5th. All for spending an extra $3 here, and leading out on fourth rather than calling a bet from someone.