PDA

View Full Version : I'm seeing some movie called 'Serenity' tonight.

pshreck
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Do any of you know anything about this flick? I dont.

fluxrad
05-26-2005, 07:09 PM
It's the new Joss Whedon movie (the guy that wrote Buffy and Angel).

Based on that fact alone I'm betting the movie will be lame since he seems to have misplaced his talent right after he made the Buffy movie.

phage
05-26-2005, 07:13 PM
It is a movie based on the TV show Firefly (by Joss Wheadon). A sort of futuristic western that was on Fox last year. It got a lot of hype from fans of Wheadon and his Buffy/Angel series. However Firefly didn't get very good ratings and was cancelled midseason.

pshreck
05-26-2005, 07:14 PM
My responses to both of you is: ugh.

My friend who got the two tickets for some reason thinks this will be the greatest movie ever.

phage
05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend who got the two tickets for some reason thinks this will be the greatest movie ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most fans of Wheadon's work feel the same way...

I was never really into his work but then again I am much older than his target audience.

fluxrad
05-26-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is typical of Buffy/Angel nerds, like my girlfriend.

There were two days in my life that I felt truly at peace. The first was the day I lost my big V card. The second was the day Buffy got cancelled.

Dynasty
05-26-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though Firefly got cancelled quickly, sci-fi fans thought it was very good. There's a good amount of excitement about Serentity.