PDA

View Full Version : Did this play suck?

ArturiusX
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>.....

Villian is an average player, little bit loose.

maxor
05-26-2005, 07:24 PM
What was the point of the raise? Were you trying to get it HU? Did you think the villan was trying to steal the pot with nothing? Did you put him on a draw?

wrto4556
05-26-2005, 07:35 PM
The play isn't bad. The pot size bothers me and I wouldn't do it unless I was pretty sure I could get it heads up. If someone cc's I wouldn't put anymore money in the pot without improvement.

ArturiusX
05-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I put the villian on a pot bluffing attempt with this raggy rag flop, and thought I could go heads up.

cmwck
05-26-2005, 08:47 PM
EDIT: OK, screwed it up again. Thought we were in late position for some reason.

Bottom line: You have a pair of twos. If you have the best hand now every turn and river card could ruin it. He may not be bluffing. Everyone may not fold. The pot is smallish.

nuff' said /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nick Royale
05-26-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, if you extrapolate this, he'll have to be bluffing about 43% of the time for a calldown to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero isn't planning to call down. He'll bet the turn and might even fold better hands, weak 6's 55-33. That being said I wouldn't try it if I hadn't a read that suggests it.