PDA

View Full Version : 88, How bad is this fold??

danwan
05-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Bad preflopfold???

I have no read on my oponents.
I open-raises utg+1 with 88. Button reraises and small blind caps. I fold.
Flop: [ 5d, 2c, 8c ]
SB bets, button reraises, sb 3-bet and button call.
Turn: [ Ah ]
SB checks, button bets, sb calls.
River: [ Th ]
SB checks, button bets, sb calls.

Button shows [ Ad, Jh ] a pair of aces. And wins 12.5 BB
SB shows [ Kc, Kh ] a pair of kings.

danwan
06-14-2005, 05:39 PM
How bad is this fold???

italianstang
06-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Interesting to raise out of position into unknown opponents with a hand that is easily dominated by Q 10 offsuit...

I guess the obvious answer to your question is: If you are going to raise with 88 then you have to play it at least to the flop if not farther.

mat
06-14-2005, 05:53 PM
not much... unless somhow you know that you would flop a set then i would consider this a bit reckless. seriouslly though i always wonder why people show the outcomes to decisions like this when deep down you already know that the short term results dont really matter in a spot like this. i think that you were getting 5-1 on your call so maybe its an either or decsion. and the implied odds are probably there when you do hit a set.

tpir90036
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Interesting to raise out of position into unknown opponents with a hand that is easily dominated by Q 10 offsuit...

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh??? Every post in this thread is horrible thus far. Including mine. I hope that my response is the last one.

MattiasL
06-14-2005, 07:03 PM
After a button call, there is 11 SB in the pot. With implied odds I think you can put in 2 more SB just to play for the set (and possibly some miracle straight draw). You just need to be able to collect (on avarage - including the times you lose) ~5 SB extra when you hit.

Senor Choppy
06-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Awful.

Dazarath
06-14-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty standard on these forums to raise 77+ UTG, not to mention 88 UTG+1.

To the OP, I think the fold was not bad, but a call isn't bad either (I would personally call). You seem to be a little too results-oriented because you would've flopped the set. Ignoring the post-flop stuff, if you raised UTG+1 with 88 for some number of hands, and each time, it was capped behind you by similar opponents, would you call?

Chris Daddy Cool
06-14-2005, 09:37 PM
first of all dont' post the results in the hand, it just shows results orientated thinking.

anyways, i am never folding here.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-14-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check your terminology please.