PDA

View Full Version : Poison Elves : comicbook

bernie
05-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Has anyone else read it? I'm not big on comics. I was when I was younger. This comic absolutely rocks. It's one of the rare comics I can ever remember reading where I looked forward to alot of text inside. Usually, lots of text sucked because the writers sucked at writing a story. Drew Hayes can write one helluva story.

Just thought I'd share..

b

[censored]
05-26-2005, 06:21 PM
What is it about? I checked out the website Here (http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/brad/pe/p.elves.html) but I am still somewhat confused as to what the main arc is?

bernie
05-26-2005, 06:39 PM
It's about a somewhat psychotic assassin elf and his life and adventures. It's not the elf of fairy tales. He's bad ass who takes sh*t from no one. Along with a little imp that lives inside his head that pops up at key times. (parintachin)

It used to be an indy, but then hit near mainstream awhile back though it's not sold in your normal supermarket comic bins. You have to actually go to a comic type store to get it. The art has improved quite a bit since the first few issues, but the story always was good. Especially the way he draws womens' bodies.

If you ever read Cerebus, mainly the first 25 issues before Dave sim considered himself god, it's kind of like that. Only better, imo.

The creator, who lives in bellingham, Wa. is recovering from a near fatal ailment so his production is slowed quite a bit for now. I've never met or corresponded with him, but he is a true talent that is rare in this industry when considering he can write and draw it.

b

[censored]
05-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Cool, I like non "mainstream" comics so thanks for the tip. I'll get a hold of a few and post my thoughts.

bernie
05-26-2005, 06:47 PM
He has collected editions. Graphic novel form.

I'll be curious as to your take on it.

b

[censored]
05-26-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has collected editions. Graphic novel form.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome as I really enjoy the graphic novel form much more than tracking down the comics.