PDA

View Full Version : Trips Twos 8/B

mscags
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Is this an easy fold or something I have to call down? Comments on all streets appreciated.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (5.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

5th Street - (2.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

6th Street - (5.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River - (8.67 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___raises___calls (all-in)
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls___calls

Total pot: (20.08 BB)

Rick Nebiolo
05-29-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this an easy fold or something I have to call down? Comments on all streets appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the easy fold is on third street, especially in a structure where you aren't really competing for the antes, since they get dropped as the pot builds (even on head up chops, a reason the game doesn't do well at lower limits).

Amazed that seat 5 checked 4th street, I've never seen the only low board check on fourth after that same player showed strength on the previous street (I mostly play 20/40 stud/8 in LA and 10/20 stud/8 online).

Bets on fifth and sixth look OK, but you are back on your heals on seventh and opponents can have auto lows, flushes, straights etc. so you shouldn't be betting. If you check and it comes back bet and raise it would still be hard to get away, but the pot is actually quite small and any raise by seat six looks like a flush since he has to believe his low is no good. OTOH, he is almost all-in and sometimes people do goofy things.

But the problem started on 3rd street - don't call there and I don't believe it is close.

~ Rick

PS I rarely lurk on post on this forum lately but reading Super System 2 inspired me to see if there were many stud/8 threads. A big limit player I know thinks Todd Brunson's section on stud/8 is very well written and I agree.

bigredlemon
05-29-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't really have a problem with the call on 3rd since for 2/3rd of a SB, he could catch a good or great card and be ahead both ways if the other 3 misses.

I'd take a free card on 5th though since your hearts are somewhat dead it's unlikely you'll scoop the pot here. The lows probably like their hand more than they'd like yours. Even if they figure you for queens, they have overcards to your pair and a low draw. I tihnk you have to bet 7th because if the low misses he may pay you off with two pair or even a middle pair. As for calling two more, i'd probably call but im fishy. I can see seat 6 raising with two big pairs here, and of course seat 1 will cap with the low locked.

Andy B
05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I think it's closer than Rick thinks it is, but third is probably a fold. Especially with the Eight doing the raising, it is pretty likely that you are behind in both directions. Three Fours and a Trey are out, and these are cards you would like to catch. Deuces, Hearts, and Sixes are live, and this is well. If you hit bananas, you'll be able to get away from it pretty easily, and if you hit a Deuce you may feel like a genius, but too often you will hit just enough to suck you in. I call in spots like this more than I should.

How someone raises third street and checks when he catches an Ace on fourth is beyond me. On fifth, I think I'd check and hope for a free card. Your hearts are a little dead, and I think that getting three people to fold is a little too much to hope for.

Bet sixth, of course. Seventh is interesting. I think you have to bet out as you did. Seat 1 could have a straight or something, but I would be concerned about seat 6. He can hardly be betting a low, and his board doesn't look terribly threatening for high. I don't think you can lay it down, but he should have you beaten. That said, a lot of players will jam for the hell of it when they are close to going all-in, and that could well be the case here.