PDA

View Full Version : Pushing late with limpers in late play (Party $55)

Meatmaw
05-26-2005, 04:43 PM
I've been trying to get a feel for the whole tight-early aggressive-late hand ranges using eastbay's tool, and certainly there's much more to consider than simply the results to any given input. One area in which I suspect I have huge leaks is when I have a hand I'd normally push with and have 6-10 BB, and a player limps from behind in 50/100 or higher.

Can someone comment on what general thoughts/guidelines they use when considering a limper in front? Against 'typical' limpers, does my KQ, KJ, QJ holding weaken a lot because it's more likely to be against Ax? Or do my 87s remain strong pushes because they are less likely to be dominated? I guess I am not sure what typical limping hands are for the 50/100+ levels (A2-A9, K2s-KTs, 22-44?).

Jman28
05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I find this play to be very read dependent. I'm more concerned with how often players are limping monsters and how often they will call a push after limping than their exact limping range.

When players limp-call a push, I always put it in their notes. I also note when they limp-fold, minraise-fold/call, steal-raise (min+25-50)-fold/call, and complete in SB-fold/call.

If I don't know them at all, I try to stay away from being too tricky.

nokona13
05-26-2005, 06:28 PM
This is one of the most profitable reads you can to make in a small stakes STT, in my opinion. I've found that at least 80% of the time, people who still limp on level 4+ with ~10BB are generally weak-tight. If I don't have a read from early on, I won't do it the first time, but if someone limps in level 4 in early position a second time and I'm on the button of CO, I'm pushing any two if I have a big enough stack to cripple everyone behind me. I've found the limper tightens up the blinds, and as long as my read on teh limper as weak-tight is correct I pick up a free 2.5 BB, usually a huge move when you only have 9-12 BB in your stack...