PDA

View Full Version : 50% chance of winning versus X opponents

Mark1808
05-26-2005, 04:26 PM
If you were heads up against one other hand yet to act you could determine what hand is about 50% against one random hand. My guess is something like 9 - 7. Is there a source or is it possible to calculate what hand is the cut off for having at least a 50% chance of winning versus X opponents yet to act?

This would be very helpful in determining raises and short stack all ins in tournament play.

OrangeKing
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were heads up against one other hand yet to act you could determine what hand is about 50% against one random hand. My guess is something like 9 - 7. Is there a source or is it possible to calculate what hand is the cut off for having at least a 50% chance of winning versus X opponents yet to act?

This would be very helpful in determining raises and short stack all ins in tournament play.

[/ QUOTE ]

97o is about 46.298% against a random hand; 97s is about 49.118%. How did I figure this out? With a program called PokerStove. You can get it here: www.pokerstove.com. (http://www.pokerstove.com.) Twodimes.net also has an online program that can do the same types of calculations for you, though not against random hands.