PDA

View Full Version : KK preflop 100 BB stacks

theredpill5
05-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm asking for the 2nd time.

Call for all your chips preflop or not ? 50 BB stacks, I can understand how this would be + EV but if you call for 100 BB and are up against AA just 1 in 40 , I can see some problems in the math, here.

What I mean is, you are likely only to get called by AA if you push preflop in a good game. I mean, a lot of the players at Party play fairly tight and you are likely only to get called by AA if you push preflop. Therefore, it might not be very + EV to push with KK .

tripdad
05-26-2005, 03:56 PM
there are very few situations where i will fold KK preflop. my job is to get as much money in the middle before the flop that i can. if i lose to AA, so be it.

cheers!

elus2
05-26-2005, 04:04 PM
unless the opponents in the hand have given me reason to think they're absolute imbeciles i don't put in a 3rd bet since i drive away hands like 99-JJ, random paint and sometimes QQ. by playing postflop properly i think you can extract more value out of your premium pairs from a wider range of dominated hands.

tripdad
05-26-2005, 05:31 PM
i totally agree. when i say that i try to get as much $$$ in as possible, i mean my opponents'. obviously, that frequently means it is correct to call a 2nd raise instead of 3-betting for the reasons you lay out.

what about this scenario:

6-max table...just opened, so everyone has equal stacks ($100 where the blinds are .50/1.00). you are in the SB, and get dealt KK. UTG raises to $4.00. folds to the button, who calls. you make it $14 to go. blinds fold. UTG re-raises to $34. button folds.

do you put in a 4th raise, smooth call, or fold?

cheers!

obsktbll777
05-26-2005, 10:52 PM
u have to push pot with kk and if ur low stack go all in mosk likely no one has aa. ur dominating anyone with pockets. u dont want to let someone limpin in catch their hand. u HAVE to push the pot