PDA

View Full Version : Post here if you want to be on the 'OOT Elites' ignore list

pshreck
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
I do.

Stuey
05-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Me, they are just a bunch of pooper cock blockers IMO.

eric5148
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/eric5148//poop.jpg

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't really care one way or the other. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daryn
05-26-2005, 03:50 PM
i think everyone is seriously misinterpreting buster's idea.

anyway, i am not gung ho about this. i have serious doubts, but i think it would be interesting to see where it goes. note that i currently have nobody on ignore.

about moving to a new forum, that would suck. the whole point of OOT as said previously was to get to know fellow POKER posters in a new light.

you get to read a post by ray zee in mid/high NL and then you read one by him here and hear about his animals and taste in steaks and blah blah blah

now it's just retarded teenager types repeating the same jokes over and over and posting pics of women.

a bunch of strategic ignores might just cut down on the noise dramatically, which would be great.

again, don't misinterpret. it's not like we are only reading posts by a select 20 people and ignoring everyone else. it's just kind of a collective ignore of a few choice retards, and what could really be wrong with that?

gumpzilla
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

again, don't misinterpret. it's not like we are only reading posts by a select 20 people and ignoring everyone else. it's just kind of a collective ignore of a few choice retards, and what could really be wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why exactly is it that you need a collective of l33t OOT posters to tell you who to ignore? If your argument is that that way nobody feeds them, well, again, do you really need a group of people to tell you that?

kyro
05-26-2005, 03:55 PM
I just don't see how this is any different than ignoring people on your own. Unless we're led to believe people individually are retarded but as a society are intelligent.

FWIW, I think the idea is incredibly flawed, but making polls/posts like this irritate me. This is worse than buster's proposal which at the very least was thoughtout and genuine.

daryn
05-26-2005, 03:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Why exactly is it that you need a collective of l33t OOT posters to tell you who to ignore? If your argument is that that way nobody feeds them, well, again, do you really need a group of people to tell you that?

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't. it just works better if everyone ignores the same people. less noise, that's all.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I believe the biggest flaw lies in the execution of it. The idea in theory is a good one.

kyro
05-26-2005, 04:02 PM
If the idea is to ignore people and the execution is by forming a group to decide which...then yes, i agree.

[censored]
05-26-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not that there is need to be told who to ignore. Rather the hope is that a collective effort can reduce the number of habitual retards and prevent new ones from forming. Having a large group of posters telling someone they find him/her a completely worthless poster is a better statement then one or two people silently putting someone on ignore.

Alobar
05-26-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

we don't. it just works better if everyone ignores the same people. less noise, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not really less noise, its just you dont see it, which is the same as if you as an individual chose to ignore them.

I just dont get why the people who think this will work, think that if 20 or so people (out of several hundrd) ignore a group of people, it will cause that group of people to stop posting.

asofel
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its not really less noise, its just you dont see it, which is the same as if you as an individual chose to ignore them.

I just dont get why the people who think this will work, think that if 20 or so people (out of several hundrd) ignore a group of people, it will cause that group of people to stop posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I don't think the effect would be noticeable.

Does anyone know the UBB software well? I'm guessing its not possible to make ignore actually remove the user from topic postings and comments?

Uglyowl
05-26-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then Buster did a horrible job in saying this. Why make a list then? Why not make a list of the tards to ignore. If inclusion was the norm, then a list of excluded would make much more sense.

2+2 wannabe
05-26-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe the biggest flaw lies in the execution of it. The idea in theory is a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

the title of the thread wasn't "let's hear buster preach why his idea is great"

put me on that ignore list

daryn
05-26-2005, 05:04 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it DOES cut down noise, because if i just block someone on my own, that really doesn't cut anything down. but if a group blocks someone, then that blocked person is less likely to get as many replies to his/her worthless posts, is that not correct?

jojobinks
05-26-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then Buster did a horrible job in saying this. Why make a list then? Why not make a list of the tards to ignore. If inclusion was the norm, then a list of excluded would make much more sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the problem. his OP was all about membership. i think each bullet point started with "members." is it hard to see why it was interpreted as l33tism?

Dynasty
05-26-2005, 05:10 PM
daryn,

This fiasco has me seriously tempted to end the semi-retirement of the tele-tubby.

The whole affair is definitely (I still have control):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/22_not_gay.jpg

lorinda
05-26-2005, 05:11 PM
OOT WARS, EPISODE IV:

A new Joke:

It is a period of civil war. Rebel posts, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Busterstacks. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Buster's ultimate weapon, the IGNORE LIST, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire forum. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Prince Jake races home aboard his starship, custodian of the stolen posts that can save his people and restore freedom to OOT....

Pocket Trips
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not that there is need to be told who to ignore. Rather the hope is that a collective effort can reduce the number of habitual retards and prevent new ones from forming. Having a large group of posters telling someone they find him/her a completely worthless poster is a better statement then one or two people silently putting someone on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dead hasn't gotten the hint by now do you think he ever will? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greenthumb
something tells me everyone here takes themselves too seriously. not that i post much of anything, especially with any decent content, but who gives a [censored]? what should i do, pile up as many posts as i can saying "Do you see why?" or "NH sir"? id rather be blacklisted than become one of the drones who think this internet forum actually matters in the big picture. ignore on bruh.

Love,
Greenthumb

fluxrad
[ QUOTE ]
OOT WARS, EPISODE IV:

A new Joke:

It is a period of civil war. Rebel posts, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Busterstacks. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Buster's ultimate weapon, the IGNORE LIST, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire forum. Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Prince Jake races home aboard his starship, custodian of the stolen posts that can save his people and restore freedom to OOT....

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

Can someone please explain to me what is so wrong with OOT? I spend my time here and to be honest I find the signal to noise ratio to be exceptionally high versus many other forums out there. I could see where an argument could be made for a sports forum, but that's about it.

Sure, you've got some trolls, you've got some crapflooders, and you've some assholes. Every forum out there has 'em. But you've also go the standard "Hey, we need to clean up this forum!" flag wavers that you do everywhere else.

Personally, I think the forum is fine, alive, and well. If someone annoys you then just block them. There doesn't need to be a concensus or some sort of "club" to it.

This is all much ado about nothing. It's not much more than an attempt to return the thread to the "olden days" when people generally talked more about stuff the old hand's cared about instead of more about things that were just generally OOT.

FWIW - I think it's a control issue.

augie00
05-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Sup Bro? (I do)

Pocket Trips
05-26-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OOT WARS, EPISODE IV:

A new Joke:

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely positively the POTD thank you for the best laugh i have had all day /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrazyEyez
05-26-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it DOES cut down noise, because if i just block someone on my own, that really doesn't cut anything down. but if a group blocks someone, then that blocked person is less likely to get as many replies to his/her worthless posts, is that not correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
The group that would block someone would not be likely to reply anyway, even if they had not blocked the worthless poster. Conversely, those that would reply would not be likely to update their ignore list anyway. No?

daryn
05-26-2005, 05:33 PM
i'm not sure this is true

some people still respond to retards.. why? i don't know

for instance the jesus spammer, why can't he just post.. and then his post just dies and gets washed away with the rest of OOT crap.. why? why must people constantly bump it, and worse, only to say something like "LOL RELIGION IS STUPID DOOD GO 2 HELL LOL"

pshreck
05-26-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think I am misinterpreting it. I do like OOT despite its flaws, and the fact that I might offend some elite group of posters, and then consequently they will may or may not ignore me for the future really sucks.

I like a ton of the guys that Buster put on the list, but I dont want to have to worry about what I say all the time. What I think a lot of the supporters of the idea don't realize is that this group of posters is so far from perfect that there is no way their opinion on 'allowable content' would be anything reasonably organized or correct.

M2d
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
isn't Jake more like, um...Han Solo?

I'll volunteer to be Lando. Not really integral, but smooth as hell. plus, all the malt liquor I want.

daryn
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
i don't think you have to worry or "watch what you say" at all. i was under the impression that only the most obvious of retards who post nothing but drivel would be group ignored, not just ignore someone because you don't like them, or don't like their ideas. [joke to follow about me being the person that posts nothing but drivel]

for instance i don't really like alobar but i wouldn't ignore him, that's stupid.

contentless
05-26-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, what I don't get at this point is why people are so up in arms about this. What about Buster's idea was actually offensive? It may have come across elitist, but the concept isn't.

pshreck
05-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, Censored is on the Buster list, and for some reason (I really dont know) he says I am on ignore.

Now, I think I am far from some great, funny poster, but I couldnt for the life of me imagine why someone needs to ignore all my posts. Hell, some guy who registered in January of this year might be the one to get me ignored by the majority of the great OOT posters???

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Censored is on the Buster list, and for some reason (I really dont know) he says I am on ignore.

Now, I think I am far from some great, funny poster, but I couldnt for the life of me imagine why someone needs to ignore all my posts. Hell, some guy who registered in January of this year might be the one to get me ignored by the majority of the great OOT posters???

[/ QUOTE ]

i would never ignore you, we cool.

peace

john nickle

daryn
05-26-2005, 05:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't ignore you, and i don't think it you would be ignored under the "new regime" hahaha...

anyway, i think the guy above makes a good point, everyone is just going hog wild, but is it really that outrageous of an idea? no.

Slacker13
05-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't give a sh!t whether I am on ignore list or not. I do however remember when OOT was a much different forum with less bullsh!t to sift through.

Personally I think both threads just wasted 4.5 minutes of my life.

Sheriff Fatman
05-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Only POTD? Surely POTY!

Sheriff

gumpzilla
05-26-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Having a large group of posters telling someone they find him/her a completely worthless poster is a better statement then one or two people silently putting someone on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the counterexample of Dead puts a pretty heavy crimp in this argument.

[censored]
05-26-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Having a large group of posters telling someone they find him/her a completely worthless poster is a better statement then one or two people silently putting someone on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the counterexample of Dead puts a pretty heavy crimp in this argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but what I was trying to say is that if it is clear that the majority of posters think dead is so idiotic that he is a large number of ignore lists and this is made public, I think it decreases the chances of a new dead springing up.

wacki
05-26-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://premium1.uploadit.org/eric5148//poop.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Boris
05-26-2005, 07:50 PM
sorry bud. you're in the In Crowd whether you like it or not. I like your "anti" shtick though. It's cool man.

InchoateHand
05-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Break out the Black Turtlenecks!

Latte anyone?

How about some cloves?

nicky g
05-27-2005, 05:26 AM
"anyway, i think the guy above makes a good point, everyone is just going hog wild, but is it really that outrageous of an idea? no. "

Outrageous? No.

Incredibly lame? Uh-huh.

theredpill5
05-27-2005, 07:25 AM
This is one of the best forums I've ever seen. If you change it, I'm leaving. I mean if it becomes stagnant, then WTF . OOT is becoming a part of my daily poker routine. I play and refresh this forum. Fun.

The Stranger
05-27-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OOT WARS, EPISODE IV:

A new Joke:

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. POTD was this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2486016&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;vc=1)

Alobar
05-27-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

for instance i don't really like alobar but i wouldn't ignore him, that's stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you too Daryn /images/graemlins/smile.gif