PDA

View Full Version : How bad did i mess this up?

Jonsan
05-26-2005, 03:32 PM
I will preface this by saying that I consider myself a fish at this point. I am playing $10 buy-in NLHE on Pacific with bonus money, and $.02/$.04 LHE on PStars. At this point I am just trying to learn the game, especially post-flop, and determine if I can play poker in the long term and at least break even.

.05/.10 $10 buy-in NLHE on Pacific
9 players, I am UTG+3, I get (AKh).
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, I raise it to $0.40, 5 people called.
Flop came down (Js Qh 6d), $2.35 in the pot.

I figure this isn't too bad. I have 6 outs for an over-pair, 4 outs for a straight, and if the turn is a heart I have a nut flush draw.

BB checks, I check (mistake?), the CutOff bets $.80.
I think the BB is on a straight draw (maybe back-door flush), and the CO flopped a pair.

BB calls, I call, pot is $4.65.
Turn comes (Jd), BB checks, I check, CO bets $1.60.

I put the CO on a Q or a 6 when he bet $1.60. Based on his betting in previous hands I think he would have bet more with 2-pair, a set, or a bluff. I figure I have 10 outs, I can see 6 cards, and I know CO has Q or 6, so that gives me 10/45.

BB calls, I call, pot is $9.20.
River comes (5s), BB checks, I check, CO checks.
BB shows (Kc10s), CO shows (Qd9s), CO wins with his two Queens.

I was upset with myself on this hand because I felt I played it way too weak. If I wasn’t going to show some strength, I should have folded after the flop. I didn’t feel comfortable betting on the turn because the J on the turn may have made a set for the CO. Should I have bet there and seen if he raised? At the very least, I think I should have raised his turn bet, or made a large bet on the river. If CO had bet on the River (which I think he should have), should I have folded? Like I said above, I am still in the early stage of learning the game. Anyone care to help?

Thanks!

Jon

Niediam
05-26-2005, 03:47 PM
You will get much better replies if you post in the Small Stakes Pot-Limit & No-Limit forum...

I'd fold on the flop. You only have four clear outs. If a A or K comes on the turn and somebody bets big you have to fold.