PDA

View Full Version : AKo- Two pair and agression

Firefly
05-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...?

Relevant reads: I had really been running over the table (lots of good cards, though I haven't shown many of them down)
Players in general were probally about 40-50 ish vpip and pretty standard post-flop.
My thoughts on the hand, pf is standard. It's a darned good flop for me but capped 4 ways on the flop, i'm not sure if i should go into check/call mode or fire again on the turn. My thoughts are skewed because of the results, but i just wonder what the correct play is.

milesdyson
05-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I can almost guarantee one of those guys has an 8.

MP1 called your bet, coldcalled two more, and called the cap.

MP2 likes his hand enough to cap the flop.

MP3 coldcalled two bets twice.

That's three players, and there are only two 8s and two Ks left in the deck.

I would check the turn and (omg /images/graemlins/shocked.gif) fold for two. One of those other guys is going to wake up. If not, I'm showing down for two more BB.

cold_cash
05-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I would check and see what happens. If the action is hot and heavy you're going to have to re-evaluate things.

Even against 3 players if you're currently winning there are relatively few cards that will change that.

LoaferGee12
05-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Eh, I'm just check/calling at this point for a showdown. I think you can fold if it's 2 back to you on the turn or river.

Wetdog
05-26-2005, 03:47 PM
This is how my mule mind (recent donk on the way to becoming a thoroughbred) thinks this one out. There are two 8s and two Ks unaccounted for. You have 3 opponents. Typically one will have an A that he hopes to pair up to beat the Ks. MP2 has either an 8 or a K. Cripes I hope he doesn't have 88. I need a 2 outer on the river to win. I imagine that if I check MP1 will also, MP2 will bet, MP3 will either call or fold. So it's 13.75 BB to 1 back to me. I'm still donk enough to call and pray for the 2 outer if it's 1 back to me, but I'll fold if it's bet and raised back. If the river runs the wrong way I check/fold. What a weakass I am.

Fantam
05-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Lets see. 3 players cold-calling you on the flop. That would seem to suggest that they are pretty loose and could have almost anything.

It looks like the callers may have Kx or a medium pocket pair. On the other hand MP2 looks like he has either 8x or even K8.

I think that I would have called MP2's flop raise and then usually check-called the turn and river.

I dont like laying down TPTK, without a good read on opponents, but if I knew that MP2 was normally passive, I think I would fold this hand to a bet on the turn.

cold_cash
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Assuming it's one bet to you on each street, don't call the turn and then fold the river.

gopnik
05-26-2005, 03:52 PM
I think your choices here are:
1. Bet the turn and if raised go into calling mode.
2. Go into calling mode on the turn right away.

Without good reads I probably would not bet the turn, but again, I am weak-tightish...