PDA

View Full Version : checkraising the river

blaze666
05-26-2005, 03:26 PM
do any of you guys do it? i only do it when someone has bet on the turn, and then i will wait for ages as if this is a really tough call. then i will confidently check the river, and usually, if i have the right reads on someone, they will bet out. how do i pull of a river check raise well, is it good? it's really fustrating when sometimes, they just check the river, and i just win a tiny pot.

chief444
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
No offense, but I really hate when people sit and act like they have a tough decision online. It slows the game down and can be frustrating to both those multitablers trying to get as many hands/hr in as possible and also those there just to gambol. And against most opponents I think it rarely changes the outcome. I mean if someone's multitabling they probably don't even notice until you keep doing it and they notice the rate of play on that table is real slow. To most others they don't have a clue anyway.

Wes ManTooth
05-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Waiting a long time doesn't really help. For checkrasing to be an effective play on the river it mostly depends on the river card. If villian raised or bet on the turn, and the river card looks like, or appears to be a brick (or is a complete brick) then this can be pulled off if your read is that he will mostlikely bet out, because he feals that the river card offered no help to improving your hand.

Other factors that may play into this being effective is if how the betting took place throughout the entire hand before the river (this may be too much to go into).