PDA

View Full Version : AA/KK/QQ/JJ

iNsChris
05-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Wen holding top Poket pairs(AA/QQ/JJ/TT/images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, The board flops rags but two suited.

Lets say 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

You bet, Callers...

Turn 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Previous Callers bet or raise your bet, Do you just call down? Or do you fold? When your 90% sure your beat by a poor flush? by one caller.

I generally call down, But am i losing BB's here?

Thanks

Womble
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Well, it depends /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In general, I safely assume a flush (possibly 2 pair but you ARE behind here unless a read tells you otherwise). If you have no redraws to a good flush A or K then you can fold right there.

One of those hands where you are going to have to call the turn AND river so continuing will be expensive even if you are occasionally right. Your odds are cut in half to be ahead in this situation

iNsChris
05-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Edited - You dont hold any hearts.

So fold if you know(Pretty sure) your beat?

*Begins to put cork into small hole preventing a leak*

(P.s. if it turns on river ill crying call, Turn i hate two bets to lose...)
Thanks.

bottomset
05-26-2005, 03:26 PM
they don't always have the flush, and 90% is way too high

Fantam
05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
I think the way to look at it is:

Has the turn card made it possible for them to have improved to a hand worse than yours.

In this particular example, it is unlikely that someone would be betting or raising on the strenght of just having picked up bottom pair on the turn.

Also, if they had something like 77,88 or 99, it would have made more sense for them to have bet these on the flop.

Bearing in mind that you would have raised PF, anyone betting/raising on the turn in this example is likely to have either picked up 2 pair or their straight or flush draw. Also its just possible that someone may have been slowplaying a set or 2 pair on the flop.

If one of your high pair was a /images/graemlins/heart.gif, then of course you would have a re-draw to possibly a higher flush.

The number of players remaining in the pot (and its size) also make a difference.

The more players remaining in the pot, the more likely it is that you are beat and can safely fold.

However, if the pot is very big, or there is only 1 remaining opponent who may be trying to bluff you, then you should probably call the hand down IMHO.

iNsChris
05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Edit: didnt see post above, Good post - Cheers.

Post before noticing one above:

Yeh, But without reads? Would you call 2BB's? How big would the pot need to be for you to do this?

(Or 1 BB if you fold river, But why go to the turn if this is the case(set still loses)).

Thanks.

bottomset
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
there are way too many variables to worry about set in stone rules for these instances

secondly they come up rarely

do you know anything about the villians, or are you blindly playing on autopilot?

how big is the pot, how many ppl are in the pot, did it go bet,call,call,raise .. bet, fold,fold, raise .. bet,raise

you seem to be walking down a weaktight mode of reasoning for plays

iNsChris
05-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeh occasionaly weak tight, Ive changed this recently and my "varience" has gone crazy Up 75BB one day, Down 30 the next etc.

These situations came up alot today, When i had reads i went with them.. Other times i didnt have reads i called down and lost/Won.