PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 AA

Dazarath
05-26-2005, 02:42 PM
Villain is 32/16/1.40

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.83 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

At this point, I'm wondering if he really has the Q. I would've expected a raise on the flop with TP. (And his stats don't help either) The only hands I can see him playing this way are: QQ (but unlikely as there's only 1 combination), KK, or a bluff. Does anyone raise here? I'd hate to raise and have to fold to a 3-bet just to get shown A-high.

River: (9.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.83 BB

sfer
05-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Check/calling the turn and river isn't such a bad line given his aggression and that you have the As.

Neither is calling the preflop 3-bet and really jamming the flop.

YoureToast
05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
your line is fine....if you knew more about this player postflop, you could consider 3 betting the turn.
lots of players slow play top pair on the flop, especially heads up, so your rationale there is a little off (rather it should be that its unlikely he has a Q b/c there are 3 on the board at the turn)

mister
05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Could he maybe be bluffing a hand like AKs ?

jgorham
05-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Anyone like a bet/call line for the river? It seems to me like this opponent would raise KK-99 on the turn, as well as a queen. And assuming this is true, we are more likely to be ahead on the river than not (and I can't imagine him folding there).

If I had position this would be a hand I would raise/fold to 3bet on river - being out of position sucks.

Dazarath
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your line is fine....if you knew more about this player postflop, you could consider 3 betting the turn.
lots of players slow play top pair on the flop, especially heads up, so your rationale there is a little off (rather it should be that its unlikely he has a Q b/c there are 3 on the board at the turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I agree that a lot of players will slowplay TPTK heads up. I had forgotten about that. I would think that the same player who slowplays TPTK heads up will also slowplay when he turns trip. Considering my aggression in this hand, I may be likely to fire another shot on the river. I've personally never liked the reasoning that since there's 2 queens on board, he's not likely to have one. My reasoning that he's unlikely to have one is because of his stats and the way he played the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like a bet/call line for the river? It seems to me like this opponent would raise KK-99 on the turn, as well as a queen. And assuming this is true, we are more likely to be ahead on the river than not (and I can't imagine him folding there).

If I had position this would be a hand I would raise/fold to 3bet on river - being out of position sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about either 3-betting the turn or raising the river like the previous posters suggested. When I think about it, I think a bet/call line is good because I don't want something like KK checking behind for a free showdown. The thing I don't agree with in the suggestions given is folding to a re-raise. With those stats, I just find it very hard to believe he has a Q from the turn raise. Plus, I look at it this way, I am not making him fold a Q (nor a boat, is he was feeling frisky and 3-betting 99/55) and any hand that's behind, other than a flush draw (which I doubt he's folding) is drawing slim/dead.

These are the possibilities I see from 3-betting: maybe pushing him off a weaker hand or a bluff, chip spewing because he has a Q, or having to fold to a cap and getting shown ace/trash off. The advantages are charging a flush draw the max, and charging a lesser hand the max, if he calls with it.

I don't really see a reason to try to push him off a worse hand and like I said earlier, I'd hate to get bluffed on a board that wasn't even *that* scary.