PDA

View Full Version : Screwed this one up

scotty34
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
It's been a month since I broke up with my g/f, and I have not hooked up with a girl since. We dated for 8 months, and I was completely faithful and didn't really even hit on other girls, but the problem with this is I think my game suffered from lack of practise.

I was at the bar last night, semi-drunk, and just walking back to a couple of my buddies with some beers in my hand. A VERY attractive blond girl talking with three of her friends (two male, one female) grabs my shoulder as I'm walking by. I turn around, and she kinda smiles at me and starts dancing a little bit, but doesn't say anything. The first words out of my mouth? "Do I know you?" Good Lord... She kind of looked at me funny, and then I asked if her name was Megan. She looked kind of disgusted, then waved me off.

I'm not really used to having girls just grab me to start a conversation, especially when she was already talking to her friends. My thinking was that she mistook me for someone she knew, or maybe that I actually did know her from somewhere but don't remember. I think I made a pretty bad misread here. Comments on my play, suggestions on a better line? Once I made the initial comment, was I screwed, or was there a way to salvage it?

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once I made the initial comment, was I screwed, or was there a way to salvage it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Yes.

scotty34
05-26-2005, 03:09 PM
So do you have any advice on how I should have done it better?

That kind of gives me an idea. There should be a forum that works like 2+2 for picking up girls. People sign up, and post an experience about trying to pick up a girl, and how it worked out. Other people will comment on how good their play was, what they could have done better, etc. Everyone works together to improve each other's game. Even for people that have a really good idea of what they are doing, just like in poker, everyone can always improve. It's good to look at opinions of others. It would be a great tool for social losers and experts alike.

Of course many would have to start out in the Swamp Donkey forum. As they move up and take shots at higher levels, they can start posting in the Not Bad and the Hottie forums. Of course, some people won't have the capabilities to move up, and will be destined to spend the rest of their time in the Not Bad forum, but they will at least improve from their Swamp Donkeys with a little help on their game.

I'm sure you will all laugh at this now, but hey, my idea could be worth millions to me in the future. Charge a small signup fee, or a monthly fee or something, get some good advertising, and the money just rolls in. Hey, I could even start a publishing company or something, and have people write books about this.

asofel
05-26-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So do you have any advice on how I should have done it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The first words out of my mouth? "Do I know you?" Good Lord... She kind of looked at me funny, and then I asked if her name was Megan. She looked kind of disgusted, then waved me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, no words were needed. She didn't come over and start conversation, she just wanted to dance. Squash whatever hesitation you might have had and just start dancing with her. You'll have plenty of time later to talk if it goes there, and if not you had some fun dancing with a cute girl.

If you make the mistake of saying something, especially something negative like 'do i know you?' you can almost always salvage things with a slightly sarcastic yet friendly comment and a smile. The words are less important than the confident and easygoing manner in which you deliver them.

Too often guys will say something and then apologize which seems weak and isn't attractive to girls. Be funny, be a little cocky if you can pull it off right. Let them have a good time with you.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I've actually joked "Do I know you?" in similar situations. I think I may have even said it to my wife when we met. But why did you ask if her name was Megan?

scotty34
05-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Excellent. It was mostly in jest, but I definetly think my forum idea could have some merit. With responses like these and discussions following, everyone could improve their game, and seriously, who doesn't want that? I haven't actually read QLC before, please tell me my idea hasn't already been done.

scotty34
05-26-2005, 03:26 PM
I remember briefly meeting a hot blond girl at school named Megan, who happened to be from my hometown, which is where I am now. I was kind of confused still at this point, and thought maybe this was her, as I knew she did come to this bar occassionally.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember briefly meeting a hot blond girl at school named Megan, who happened to be from my hometown, which is where I am now. I was kind of confused still at this point, and thought maybe this was her, as I knew she did come to this bar occassionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given you were ahlf drunka dn confused, the best move would have been to dance a little closer and keep your trap shut. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

scotty34
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given you were ahlf drunka dn confused, the best move would have been to dance a little closer and keep your trap shut. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that as well, but the fact that this wasn't even on the dance floor, it was upstairs, and she was with 3 of her friends (again two being male, and large) made it seem a little weird to do that. If it was on the dance floor, that would have been my instinctual response.

Alobar
05-26-2005, 03:42 PM
she was standing with friends, and he was carrying beers to his buddy. I doubt she wanted to dance. And honestly, I think you would have looked like a huge tard just suddenly starting to dance in that situation.

Her actions were kinda wierd. She was prolly royally drunk. Smile back, say hello, see if she says anything or continues to act weird. If its the latter, go bring ure buddies their beer and if you want later you can brush by her again.

Gin 'n Tonic
05-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Amazing - 9 replies, not one of which has been you-know-what.

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
she was standing with friends, and he was carrying beers to his buddy. I doubt she wanted to dance. And honestly, I think you would have looked like a huge tard just suddenly starting to dance in that situation.

Her actions were kinda wierd. She was prolly royally drunk. Smile back, say hello, see if she says anything or continues to act weird. If its the latter, go bring ure buddies their beer and if you want later you can brush by her again.

[/ QUOTE ]

missed the part about the beers. If you had a couple bottles in one hand, a moment of dancing won't hurt, and you like you said, you can say hello, bring the beers to your buddies, and carry on later if desired

asofel
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're moving beyond that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scotty34
05-26-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're moving beyond that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And 3 of those replies were by jake. It's a good day. I was almost tempted to include a "save the xxxxxx comments" in the OP, but figured that would just make it more likely that they come.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i would have "re-raised" and started busting out some super killer moves. Then suddenly stopped and kept walking. Ah... would have been hillarious.

scotty34
05-26-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i would have "re-raised" and started busting out some super killer moves. Then suddenly stopped and kept walking. Ah... would have been hillarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea it would have been, but then I would have spilled my beers /images/graemlins/mad.gif. Oh and for the record, I was just going back to talk with my buddies, not to bring them beers, if that changes your analysis of my play at all. I was double fisting it. It was buck a beer night and they offer singles for $1 and pints for $2, but two singles works out to more beer than one pint, so I go for that instead. I take two at a time, because the singles are quite small, and I would be going back to the bar every 5 mins if I only had one at a time.

Setting up this forum would be hard, because there are so many important variables to keep track of when making a post.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
started busting out some super killer moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious because I actually picture scotty as a fish with a moustache.

scotty34
05-26-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
started busting out some super killer moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious because I actually picture scotty as a fish with a moustache.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed pretty hard at this.

poker-penguin
05-26-2005, 05:09 PM
"Hi"
"Hello"
"Would you like to dance"
"Can I stick ... these beers somewhere, then dance with you."
*drool uncontrolably*

All lame, but all streets better than "do I know you?"

Back to the swamp donkey forum.

scotty34
05-26-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Hi"
"Hello"
"Would you like to dance"
"Can I stick ... these beers somewhere, then dance with you."
*drool uncontrolably*

All lame, but all streets better than "do I know you?"

Back to the swamp donkey forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I do need to go back to the swamp donkey forum. It was really a very simple hand to play here. How often does a really attractive girl just stop you and attempt to get your attention. Usually its pretty difficult just to get girls like this to talk to you for a while without being rejected. I pretty much limped in with KK, and check-folded the flop when an A hit.

B00T
05-26-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was double fisting it. It was buck a beer night and they offer singles for $1 and pints for $2, but two singles works out to more beer than one pint, so I go for that instead. I take two at a time, because the singles are quite small, and I would be going back to the bar every 5 mins if I only had one at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious answer is just to buy 2 pints and double fist those. If you showed you were a real man with big beers and the impression of being loaded spending $4 instead of $2 you would of gotten further with the chick.

poker-penguin
05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
It happens. I totally check folded a chance encounter a couple weeks ago. Sometimes the penis-brain connection just isn't working properly.

That said, I had my most recent night's play severly criticised by a friend for approaching it too aggressivly, so I guess it depends on how my recent results have been.

You have to get used to the idea that the basics of the game remain similar when you step up in limits, your opposition might be tougher, but the game is the same.

Anyway, even without the accent, it's easier than you think to get hot girls to keep talking to you, you "just" have to be interesting and funny. Don't act like you're trying to pick them up, girls can smell desperation, instead try and be the guy that they want to hang around with more.

The point of conversation is to make yourself desireable without trying to drop your rx8 into the conversation (in other words, impress but don't get caught trying to impress).

Eurotrash
05-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Is anybody else picturing John Favreau in Swingers?

DavidC
05-26-2005, 06:38 PM
"Do I know you?"

(No response.)

"Not yet, I guess."

--Dave (Who is way smarter online than in person.)

DavidC
05-26-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was double fisting it. It was buck a beer night and they offer singles for $1 and pints for $2, but two singles works out to more beer than one pint, so I go for that instead. I take two at a time, because the singles are quite small, and I would be going back to the bar every 5 mins if I only had one at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious answer is just to buy 2 pints and double fist those. If you showed you were a real man with big beers and the impression of being loaded spending $4 instead of $2 you would of gotten further into the chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

scotty34
05-26-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The obvious answer is just to buy 2 pints and double fist those. If you showed you were a real man with big beers and the impression of being loaded spending $4 instead of $2 you would of gotten further into the chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem busting out the cash from time to time to by a round for people. I did end up buying a round of Jager (Yager?) shots last night for some different girls. I take the single beers strictly for value. More beer for the money. Plus, I think double fisting a couple pints may make you look more like an alcholic or a hammered idiot.

B00T
05-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes but thats exactly the recourse that you need when there are 2 "bigger guys" with the girl.

The key to all drunkeness fun at the bar is to appear more drunk then you really are. Point being, if the guys see you are incredibly lit and you end up coppin a cheap chest grab they will be more forgiving seeing you are in an altered state of mind.

My best "no fear" work has been done when having a safety net.

Edit: I meant being loaded in the context of alcoholic state. It wasnt saying you were cheap. I see how it could of been confused with a money phrase right after it, my fault.

JackWilson
05-26-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that as well, but the fact that this wasn't even on the dance floor, it was upstairs, and she was with 3 of her friends (again two being male, and large) made it seem a little weird to do that. If it was on the dance floor, that would have been my instinctual response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe she was a hooker.

skoal2k4
05-26-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I turn around, and she kinda smiles at me and starts dancing a little bit, but doesn't say anything. The first words out of my mouth? "Do I know you?"

[/ QUOTE ]

you need help

Source #1 (http://www.fastseduction.com/)
Source #2 (http://www.becomeaplayer.com/)

I hope this helps