PDA

View Full Version : QQ?

HentaiGaijin
05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

HentaiGaijin
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Crap my comments didn't show up.

I was fairly certain CO had a good high pair or a broadway prior to the flop. When he failed to raise the flop, I narrowed that to broadway. At the river, I suspected he had rivered a win with AK or AQ.

Would you call or fold on the river, given that scenario?

gharp
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Without a read, it's hard to imagine a preflop 3-betting hand that you're beating on this river. I think you can fold on the end.

@bsolute_luck
05-26-2005, 01:53 PM
check/call the river IMO but where i play there isn't a fold button /images/graemlins/crazy.gif or check/fold. i'm not bet/folding since it is very likely we lost.

Nick Royale
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't feel comfortable bet/folding the river in a ~13BB pot without reads. Especially not playing .5-1. Am I really sure I'm behind 92% of the time without a good read? I'm inclined to check/call this hoping to induce a bluff sometimes.

scott2130
05-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I take the same line until the river. There is now an overcard and flush possible. I check/call this river.

Wetdog
05-26-2005, 01:57 PM
I like the line up to the river. The A gives me the uh-ohs. I check/call the river. The pot's too big to bet/fold. Either way I put in one bet with a chance of winning with the call than the fold.

itsmesteve
05-26-2005, 01:58 PM
I think you played this fine and wouldn't play it any differently. Checking the river is not good, all it does is encourage someone to bluff at a nice pot. getting about 13:1 i pay this off EVERY TIME.

Nick Royale
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking the river is not good, all it does is encourage someone to bluff at a nice pot

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't we just love that? This is a good reason to check the river.

@bsolute_luck
05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you played this fine and wouldn't play it any differently. Checking the river is not good, all it does is encourage someone to bluff at a nice pot. getting about 13:1 i pay this off EVERY TIME.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...why would we care if someone bluffs at this pot? we win. why not pay it off for 1BB by check/calling instead of 2BBs by bet/calling? by check/calling we see a showdown as cheap as possible.

Edit: dang, Nick already said it. oh well, it bares repeating /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fantam
05-26-2005, 02:12 PM
As I was reading this hand, I was trying to work out what CO had 3-bet PF with. Your capping PF was fine by the way.

When CO called your flop bet, I put him to most likely be on AK (AQ less likely, particularly as you have QQ). JJ and TT also possibilities. Also I think he would have 3-bet the flop if he had AA or KK.

When he calls your turn bet, I still think he most likely has AK.

When the A falls on the river, is when I try not to go on TILT when I play! Its probably the worst possible card which could have fallen for you.

So I would have checked the river and reluctantly called for one bet, in case he only had JJ,TT or something else after all.

HentaiGaijin
05-26-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I was reading this hand, I was trying to work out what CO had 3-bet PF with. Your capping PF was fine by the way.

When CO called your flop bet, I put him to most likely be on AK (AQ less likely, particularly as you have QQ). JJ and TT also possibilities. Also I think he would have 3-bet the flop if he had AA or KK.

When he calls your turn bet, I still think he most likely has AK.

When the A falls on the river, is when I try not to go on TILT when I play! Its probably the worst possible card which could have fallen for you.

So I would have checked the river and reluctantly called for one bet, in case he only had JJ,TT or something else after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed that is exactly what happened and he turned over AK for the win.

I more or less followed your logic up until the ace fell on the river and then wasn't sure how to continue.

AmarilloJim1
05-26-2005, 05:51 PM
IMO, I would've check called the river. Unfortunate hand.

Rev. Good Will
05-26-2005, 05:52 PM
nice hand