PDA

View Full Version : ROI on different sites?

ansky451
05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi, first time posting in STT. I am normally a NL cash game and MTT player, but I have decided to give sit and goes a try, mainly because im bored with cash games and want a new challenge. Lately I have been playing sit and goes on PokerStars, but see most of the posts here refer to partypoker sit and goes. Because PokerStars has a better structure-- the stacks always seem to be deeper when it gets shorthanded-- is there a greater expected ROI with their sng's? I would think there is a greater ROI but it goes slower so there would be a decreased hourly rate. Am I wrong?

bluefeet
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Certainly different blind/starting chip structures require uniquely tailored strategies. An equally skilled player in either given strategy, would stand to fair equally in their given structure - assuming the skill of the 'other players' are equal on both sites. Given this, and assuming the rakes are the same, the expected ROI would be the same. If they played a equal number of games, this would proof true. However, if both players had 'x' number of hours to commit to playing, then the 800 stack player would get more games played per hour than the 1500 stack player. Same ROI, but greater total profit. I know, I'm a friggin math genius /images/graemlins/wink.gif

...always the argument about more fishies on PP, etc.etc.etc. I honestly doubt the overall fish-count factors in much. Just a sheer volume thing - and finding a structure that suits your game.