PDA

View Full Version : She'll get over F'n a dead guy

Turkish
05-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I just finished watching Clerks for the hundredth time or so. This was by far my favorite Kevin Smith movie, although I enjoyed all of them. Comedic Genius.. How do you think it racks up with the likes of Mallrats, Dogma, etc etc..?

Freakin
05-26-2005, 11:36 AM
jersey trilogy was good, dogma & strike back were both quite stupid. Of the 3, chasing amy was probably my favorite, but probably because it was the first one I bought. Clerks is probably the most entertaining of the 3 to me. I have a hard time watching mallrats at this point. My friends in high school ruined it for me years ago...

Freakin

spamuell
05-26-2005, 11:36 AM
I think Mall Rats is the best and Chasing Amy is ridiculously overrated.

Turkish
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Mall Rats is the best and Chasing Amy is ridiculously overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Chasing Amy was overrated, but I still liked it. Mall Rats is great but it definitely lacks the "non mainstream" feel of Clerks.

[censored]
05-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Here is how I see them in terms of quality. Jay and Silent Bob is only one I did not enjoy.

Group A Clerks, Chasing Amy

Group B Dogma, Mall Rats

Group C Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Aces McGee
05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Mall Rats is the best and Chasing Amy is ridiculously overrated

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone with better archives skills than me should pull up the old Kevin Smith threads. But I'll say here what I said there:

The first half of "Chasing Amy" is hysterical. The second half is totally different and should be treated like a different movie.

-McGee

Pocket Trips
05-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Just for the tribute to Jaws scene Chasing Amy is a great movie

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just for the nickname fingercuffs Chasing Amy is a great movie

[/ QUOTE ]

drudman
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Don't you have to count "Jersey Girl" with Beniffer and Liv Tyler and the little girl?

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have to count "Jersey Girl" with Beniffer and Liv Tyler and the little girl?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. And you don't count miscarriages or abortions as children either.

keats
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Definately Clerks was the best...and for the record Empire is better then Jedi.

DeezNuts
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Definately Clerks was the best...and for the record Empire is better then Jedi.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about all the independent contractors that were just trying to make a living when the Death Star blew up?

DN

etgryphon
05-26-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The first half of "Chasing Amy" is hysterical. The second half is totally different and should be treated like a different movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. But the whole Luke Skywalker\Nazi Poster Child\What's a Nubian scene has to be the best scene of all time.

-Gryph