PDA

View Full Version : I'm drawing dead, right?

Entity
05-26-2005, 11:09 AM
6-handed at Party's $5/10. Button openlimps -- this is a fairly wide range of hands here as he's stopped openraising since SB defends all the time (allowing me to defend quite a bit as well). He's of normal aggression, capable of raising draws and trying for free cards, probably a 40/10/1.5 guy overall for you numbers guys. SB, another average player (not LAG, probably loose-passive by $5/10 standards but around 40/10/1 as well), completes, and I raise A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif from the BB. All call.

The flop is K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks, I bet, Button raises, SB calls, I 3-bet, Button calls, SB calls.

The turn is the 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, I bet, Button calls, SB checkraises, and I fold.

The pot is pretty decent sized but I'm thinking I don't have odds against the range of hands he'd play this way. Sound about right?

Rob

gaming_mouse
05-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Nice Fold. SB doesn't sound like the type to make stupid bluffs. He wants more money in the pot and wants a call. You have at best 2 outs, and are probly drawing dead.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have at best 2 outs, and are probly drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about 2 outs for best case. I think a weak 2 pair is a possibility.

Krishan

stripsqueez
05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
you have to worry about a player who thinks KQo is a rock but i like fold

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

gaming_mouse
05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about 2 outs for best case. I think a weak 2 pair is a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh. dramatic license. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Entity
05-26-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

It's certainly a possibility though not a great one. I think we're up against a made flush around 50% of the time, a straight 25% of the time, and 2pr around 25% of the time. I've got 8ish outs against 2pr, so I think I can effectively weight my odds to about 2 here -- do you think the ratios are sufficiently different that I've got odds to call, especially given the fact that another diamond will fall quite often on the river?

Rob

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you think the ratios are sufficiently different that I've got odds to call,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just think it's a bit closer but still a fold.

Krishan