PDA

View Full Version : What would a suck-out artist do?

keikiwai
05-26-2005, 10:48 AM
New to this SH thing. Any help appreciated.

UTG is aggressive HU. I've seen her be aggressive with nothing but a 4 out draw HU, raising and 3-betting, and finally sucking out like the outgoing tide.

The question here is, do I give her credit for a relatively decent flush draw? I just don't know what hand to put her on with a flush draw. Given her play, I would put her on a set, which eliminates the flush draw.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

UTG w/ 2 to her. Haven't seen her play enough to know what this means, but a pocket pair seems reasonable. A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif which could be an explanation for her play on later streets if she had a flush, would seem to be a cap or fold here. I'm not sure about KJs here. Would it be a call for her?

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

I bet out w/ over cards. Get some action, call, and decide to check fold turn unimproved... Standard? Weak tight?

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Got an open ended straight, raise since (edit: I can't do math), w/ the re-raise I'm getting 1 to 4.375 (edit: oops thought it was 1:5), which is not quite the 1 to 4.75 I need, especially if you account for the two clubs... but this sort of aggresion from villain on the turn does not seem to point to flush draw... Maybe she just made her straight with KJs? Here's where I get a little unsure.

River: (10.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises, Hero... ?</font>

Superb, nut straight, well not really... there's that flush. Should I credit a suck out artist with what is a decent flush draw? If she has a set or KJ I'm good to go... What hand would she have for the flush?

My incliniation was to put her on a two pair, set, or the gut shot straight + OCs that came in on the turn, given the constant aggression...

Entity
05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Why did you bet the turn? I like the river bet, given the 4-straight on board; I think I'd 3-bet here given villain's turn play.

Rob

keikiwai
05-26-2005, 10:58 AM
I bet the turn because I had almost (ooops thought I was getting 1:5 but I was only getting 1:4.375) sufficient equity (ignoring potential flush draw from villain). With her re-raise I got 1:4.375, I need 1:4.75 for an open ended straight... oops, so you're saying check / call the turn right?

Entity
05-26-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oops, so you're saying check / call the turn right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oops, so you're saying check / call the turn right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

Krishan

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Thirded.