PDA

View Full Version : Kxs on button, after a limper

Wynton
05-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Quick simple question here.

I have Kxs on button (K6-K2). One loose/passive guy limps ahead of me. Sb is very loose/passive, and will defend blinds with anything. BB appears relatively solid, not overly anything.

Is this a raise preflop?

ISF
05-26-2005, 09:36 AM
My cutoff would be K8S here.

TStoneMBD
05-26-2005, 10:38 AM
ill raise K5s most of the time here. raising lower than that is pushing it imo, unless you know that the SB/EP are horrible postflop.

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Wow, I wouldn't go any lower than KTs. There's a pretty decent chance you're going to be in a 4-handed pot with K-nothing, with a very tiny chance of getting heads-up. I don't think position gives you enough here.

Rory?

Wynton
05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ill raise K5s most of the time here. raising lower than that is pushing it imo, unless you know that the SB/EP are horrible postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't raise lower than K5s, does this mean you're folding or limping?

Silverback
05-26-2005, 12:03 PM
I would raise K7s 1 limper, fold any lower

2 limpers Id call K6s-K4s, not sure which id raise unless in game, probably Kts, call rest

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I wouldn't go any lower than KTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding K9s here seems absurdly tight.

Krishan

stripsqueez
05-26-2005, 12:18 PM
excuse me for being a pre-flop nazi but isnt the size of your crappy kicker only a bees dick in the total equation ?

if i know i likely have some equity on the limper with a crappy suited king and i figure i am good odds to win before a showdown then i like raise - i usually auto fold hands that contain a 2 or a 3 but everything else would be where i am not what i've got

if i have K9s then i'm raising because i have the best hand

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Actually, I'd raise KTo but I'm pretty sure I've been folding K9s. My VPIP is about 23, if I remember correctly.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I'd raise KTo but I'm pretty sure I've been folding K9s.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just aren't correctly valuing K9s.

Krishan

Wynton
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Hold on there, Krishan, you don't get off that easy:

Can you answer the original question? Do you raise with Kxs? If not, how high must your kicker be here (in conditions I described initially)? And if you're not raising with K6s, do you limp or fold?

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Can you answer the original question? Do you raise with Kxs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll raise k7s 70%, k8s 100%. Limp the rest. I am unsure if the limping is a good idea.

If the blinds are tight I might raise them all. If they are tenacious I might limp k9s. I'll always raise kts.

Krishan

arkady
05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Raise K5s+
Raise K9o+

If blinds are super passive, I would limp the other Kings. What the hell, god knows I have limped much worse on the button. My preflop game just goes to total sh*t when that sweet little thing comes around /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 01:01 PM
With one limper and two blinds that are likely to come along, I should be raising K8s+?

If so, I seriously need to look at other hands I'm not raising after a limper, such as A6s.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
You don't have to follow my guidelines. Preflop doesn't really matter anyway. The thing is, you should have a internally consistent set of preflop rules. And folding K9s after a limper 100% of the time and raising KTo is internally inconsistent since K9s is as good a hand as KTo.

Krishan

J.R.
05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If so, I seriously need to look at other hands I'm not raising after a limper, such as A6s.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you do

Wynton
05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With one limper and two blinds that are likely to come along, I should be raising K8s+?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it matters much, but my original question meant to imply that the sb would definitely call, but that the bb was a "solid" player, capable of folding trash.

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Right, but after SB calls, he's going to be getting some pretty good odds, so it'll be easy to come along with a lot of hands.

Can anyone convince me that playing K5s in a four-way pot - and putting in one BB to do so - is a good idea?