PDA

View Full Version : Flopped straight

Macint0sh
05-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (19.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB

Marquis
05-26-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm fraidy scared of QJ enough to not bet the river.

Losfer
05-26-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
provide context: Recreate the hand by providing all relevant information (reads, pot size, action, your thoughts, etc) you had at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

therockofgibraltar
05-26-2005, 08:45 AM
I would check-call the river.

Macint0sh
05-26-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
provide context: Recreate the hand by providing all relevant information (reads, pot size, action, your thoughts, etc) you had at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, forgot about it because I didn't have much to write.

I have no reads on any of them. I started getting scared of QJ on the turn, and even more scared on the river. But I felt that I had a good chance of being up against tens. But considering the board I was of course worried that I was drawing dead, so mostly I'm wondering is this was too agressive.

Iq75
05-26-2005, 09:14 AM
In my opinion you were not too aggressive in the turn. There were 3 others players paying the raises and i think that you are good at least for 25 %.

I'm not too sure about the river. It was blank and i'm not too worried about the possibilyty of QJ, so in theory i presume that there is over 50 %:n chance that you will win, but in practice i would have probably played it just the way you did.

topspin
05-26-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt that I had a good chance of being up against tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 8 different combinations of QJ that villain could have, and only 1 combination of TT. Added to that, villain's play on the flop makes sense if he holds QJ but not TT.

I'd also cap the turn, and check/call the river blank.

bubbahotep
05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
grunching...

Without reads on villain I play the same up to the river which I check and call. You are the low end of the straight, and you are only using one card.

mlb3zr
05-26-2005, 01:14 PM
this one is read dependent for me, but I am likely to get weak tight and check call the river. very best case, he's an idiot overplaying a flush draw or two pair or something, but I'm expecting to split or lose to QJ.

mlb3zr
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But I felt that I had a good chance of being up against tens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean pocket TT? Although it isn't always raised pf at .5/1, he definitely wouldn't play the flop like this.

If he's holding QT or something, he will not play the turn like this unless he is a fool. I doubt he has T9 or some other two pair combination either. Especially because you are on the BB and are making it pretty damn clear that you have the straight.

Fantam
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
I somehow feel that one bet or raise too many may have been put in here.

You were definitely correct to bet out on the flop IMHO.

The T falling on the turn was not a good card for you at all, as it completed a higher straight for someone holding JQ.

MP2's turn raise may just have indicated his drawing 2 pair, so I think your 3-bet is fine. However his capping the turn is worrying and starts to suggest that he actually does have JQ (or the less likely J7).

When it gets to the river, I think I would check and call this.

Macint0sh
05-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I think I'll check/call the river "the next time".

Villian had QsJs.