PDA

View Full Version : Checkraised on the river

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

River: (7.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB

No reads at the time. I'm getting 8.5-1 on the river call. Am I good often enough. I call when a scare card hits on the river because bluffing frequency goes way up when the board pairs. In this spot the Q is a pretty innocuous card. Should this make me more interested in folding to the cr?

Krishan

Edited: I put the wrong hand in.

tongni
05-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Call me crazy, but I like checking this river.

Edit: I'd probably call the turn and bet if checked to on the river and fold to a checkraise.

wheelz
05-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Now I don't know anymore..

gaming_mouse
05-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Looks like aces up to me.

I think the decision is close, and that it doesn't matter too much either way, but I love a good river fold, so I'll vote for that.

Wynton
05-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Against my opponents at lower levels, I fold without much thought. But I'm not running into players who check/raise river as a bluff.

And with no read on my opponent, I think it makes sense to give him credit for a hand here.

lastcoyote
05-26-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm not raising A7o UTG 6-handed. Ever. I guess I should at least be considering it. How often do you do this? Do you open raise UTG lower than A7o? What about Axs?

As for the river, my big problem is folding to too many river bets. I would probably not fold here now because I'm trying to correct this problem. However, you don't see river checkraises very often. I'd say you're right on the line (odds-wise) here and either choice is not too far from correct.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not raising A7o UTG 6-handed. Ever. I guess I should at least be considering it. How often do you do this? Do you open raise UTG lower than A7o? What about Axs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising A7o UTG everytime is suicide. Table was weaktight except for a big fish in the BB. I also had the image necessary.

Krishan

Alobar
05-26-2005, 12:25 PM
fold PF

raise the flop!!

ugh, I think you are beat on the river and worse than 8.5-1. With the action, what hand does he put you on? even a moron has to think you for an ace with the way the hand has gone. His c/r says he can beat an ace.