PDA

View Full Version : How terrible was this?

krazyace5
05-26-2005, 06:14 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($123.3)
Hero ($107.7)
MP ($92.3)
CO ($24.15)
Button ($168.05)
SB ($43.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, SB folds, BB calls $9.

Turn: ($27) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $95.7 (All-In)</font>, BB calls $40.70.

River: ($218.40) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $218.40

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9c 9s (full house, nines full of sevens).
Hero has Ad 7d (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: BB wins $218.40. </font>

PinkSteel
05-26-2005, 08:31 AM
What could he be checkraising you with on the turn? He's certainly not afraid of you holding a 7. No way I reraise.

I think a good question is, can you fold to his turn raise? I'm not sure I could; I probably call down and lose my stack with you (or maybe fold to his river push). I'd love to hear a convincing argument to fold that turn.

Verdi
05-26-2005, 10:29 AM
I see this very often. The guy with the nut flush paying off the guy with the full house. I think I would fold on the turn unless I was on tilt. :lol:

We have to assume the villain is not afraid of the nut flush. If he was a total muppet he could do this with king high flush maybe (or even a single 7)... But on a paired board I think it's safe to assume that someone has made a boat in a situation like this.

I think he's got you beat most of the time in that situation. Very few have the balls to make that bluff knowing that so many have a hard time laying down flushes...

wtfsvi
05-26-2005, 11:12 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
We have to assume the villain is not afraid of the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about? Are you replying to the right hand?

As for the hand, I think op has to be satisfied with getting it all in on that turn against most villains. It always depends on the villain though. And if calling the preflop raise is any good depends on the sb's probable hand range, among other things.

Izenra
05-26-2005, 11:32 AM
You provide no read so I can't get farther.

Seriously I was putting the guy on 67s and he was smooth calling the flop and check-raising the turn( I lot of playing in my experience at low stake can't fold to a check raise on turn with decent hand.)

On the turn you got min-raised with should sound a big alarm in your head.

Ghazban
05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...if calling the preflop raise is any good depends on the sb's probable hand range, among other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are next to no hand ranges wide enough to make calling with A7s out of position a good idea unless stacks are deep and the original raiser is absolutely terrible postflop.

subzero
05-26-2005, 12:14 PM
I'd also fold this hand preflop UTG. But since you didn't...

Given the way villain played it, it's not likely that he's holding the other 7. So I put him on a pocket pair. But is it 99 or a higher pair? I think it's too hard to determine, so I'm probably losing my stack here. Don't post the results next time.

wtfsvi
05-26-2005, 12:46 PM
...if calling the preflop raise is any good depends on the sb's probable hand range, among other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are next to no hand ranges wide enough to make calling with A7s out of position a good idea unless stacks are deep and the original raiser is absolutely terrible postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is not out of position. I agree that this is a fold most of the time, but not in next to all cases

Ghazban
05-26-2005, 12:47 PM
My mistake; UTG usually implies out of position but not against the blinds /images/graemlins/tongue.gif In any case, there are few situations where calling a raise with Ace-rag (suited or not) is a good idea.

subzero
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
But Hero still called UTG with A7s. Is this a hand you'd normally call with UTG? Seems like you'd be folding often to hands in LP (hands that dominate you).

Ghazban
05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Its kind of table-dependent. At a full ring, I'm mucking A7s UTG without a second thought but, at 6-max, there's a few more options. Depending on the table and my image at the time, I might fold, limp, or raise with it. I don't think I would ever limp/call (or limp/reraise) with it, though. Without a read (say 1st or 2nd orbit), I'd probably just fold.

subzero
05-26-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its kind of table-dependent. At a full ring, I'm mucking A7s UTG without a second thought

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought. I play full ring. Thx.

TheWorstPlayer
05-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't even like limping A7s UTG at 6m. Most of the time there WILL be a raise behind you and you WILL be out of position playing what could easily be a dominated hand. The big problem isn't that there is necessarily going to be a hand that dominates yours, the big problem is that someone is going to raise and you won't know whether or not they dominate you and then since you are OOP when you hit and are ahead, they will fold and when you hit and are behind, you will get destroyed.