PDA

View Full Version : First Hand Post 1/2 NL

JupiterUWG
05-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Couldnt figure out the converter yet so bare with me...is this line awful?

PokerStars Game #1769698902: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2005/05/26 -
02:33:56 (ET)
Table 'Hamal' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: JupiterUWG ($100.45 in chips)
Seat 9: lightfaerie ($157.10 in chips)
lightfaerie: posts small blind $1
JupiterUWG: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JupiterUWG [9h Ad]
lightfaerie: calls $1
JupiterUWG: raises $8 to $10
lightfaerie: calls $8
*** FLOP *** [7h 2c Ah]
jdhbah joins the table at seat #5
lightfaerie: bets $4
JupiterUWG: calls $4
*** TURN *** [7h 2c Ah] [9c]
lightfaerie: bets $4
JupiterUWG: raises $12 to $16
lightfaerie: calls $12
*** RIVER *** [7h 2c Ah 9c] [8c]
lightfaerie: bets $20
JupiterUWG: Raises $50 to $70 and is all-in
lightfaerie: calls $50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
lightfaerie: shows [6c Tc] (a flush, Ten high)
JupiterUWG: shows [9h Ad] (two pair, Aces and Nines)
lightfaerie collected $198 from pot

Ojo_Rojo
05-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Ok, Ill give this a crack as no-one else seems bothered...

I dont play on PokerStars, and its hard to tell without any reads, but your opponents flop bet of $4 into the $20 or so pot is terribly weak.

Against typical opponents this looks to me like a weak(er) ace, or a flush draw. As it's headsup, my line would be to raise to about $15-20 on the flop, and I would fold to a reraise.

Assuming opponent calls, bet at least 1/2 pot on turn, unless your opponent leads, then push allin. If hes got the set, then good for him.

Just call on the river, as there are numerous hands that now beat you.

I hope this helps,

Ojo_Rojo

subzero
05-26-2005, 09:14 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($100.45)
BB ($157.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
BB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $10</font>, BB calls $8.

Flop: ($20) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($28) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB calls $12.

River: ($60) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20</font>, BB calls $50.

Final Pot: $130

subzero
05-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Preflop is fine. I would've raised the flop and raised more on the turn. The turn created many draws. Lots of bad cards could fall on the river. I want to take the pot down on the turn. If he has a set, so be it. gh for him.

TheWorstPlayer
05-26-2005, 10:52 AM
HU hands are really hard to comment on without knowing how the previous hands have been played. In any case, I would most likely raise the flop. (Of course, not raising the flop is fine if you are just mixing it up. HU this is a necessity, of course.) If I didn't raise the flop, I would raise more on the turn. There are now some draws out there and I have a monster - I want to build the pot. River, I'm probably pushing. I know some weird draws completed but top two is still a monster here and you could certainly get called by a smaller two pair.

Izenra
05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
If you had a read on this guy, it's was probably a fish calling station.

Really I am not convince with your bet. You bet really too low.

This guys is betting low ( block bet) on his draw, you do not raise him enough IMO.

Seeing he is that fishy you could've fold the river to his mega bet( I mean betting from 4 $ to 50 $ = strengh from not solid player)

barongreenback
05-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Flop:
If he's weak, it's going to be hard to get much out of him with him betting that small. If he's got a smaller pair or a draw you can't let him get a turn card at the price he's betting because you're more likely to pay him off than the other way round.

Turn:
It's easy to think that you need to keep him in the pot with your strong hand but if he's got a draw now is the time to get money out of him. Ditto with an ace. I make this mistake regularly. There just comes a point in the hand where deception isn't very useful.

River:
Difficult. His bet shows strength after his previous streets but he could have 2 pair. My instincts aren't very good on river value bets/raises. Looking at the possible holdings, if you think he would call turn with a gutshot then you should just call (this suprised me) because the 8 completes more straights(+BD flushes) than 2 pairs. I would have felt real weak just calling, though.

HU my play sometimes seems totally random because there seem to be so many legitamate options and this has been a useful hand to analyze. I may well have played it the same as you.

James