PDA

View Full Version : Hand against the annoying floater LAG

ClaytonN
05-26-2005, 04:51 AM
MP2 is typical annoying floater who tries to pick up pots with position and is LAG

BB is a timid postflop player

Is this a correct play, or am I smoking crack? Be honest please... I'm trying to mix my game up to see what works best against these kinds of villains. Maybe not right for the 1/2 level, but I am not your average ABC player...

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

milesdyson
05-26-2005, 04:56 AM
If they both call, you're surely check folding the river. There is little chance of them both folding here, so I don't like it.

The way to combat these guys is to stop betting the turn with unimproved ace highs out of position, value bet top and second pairs relentlessly, and check raise with made hands on the turn/river, especially if his auto-bet will trap other players. This play would be perfect if you had top pair. With ace high and opponents who will call your raise with any pair, this is not a good play.

ClaytonN
05-26-2005, 04:58 AM
I think I have the best hand, though...

milesdyson
05-26-2005, 05:04 AM
I don't think you have the best hand very often. Not to mention there's 4 to a straight on board, and there's like 0% chance you have a 4.

Seriously, save this for when you have a hand. That guy will pay you off eventually - just pick your spots. Don't try to blow bad players off of bad hands.

edit: do a search in small stakes or HUSH (not sure) for playing against "The Sponge."

Good night.

Shillx
05-26-2005, 05:08 AM
If the guy is really a floater, you should bet good hands on the turn with the intention of 3-betting or maybe even check/raise/capping them. You must be on crack to make this play. This is the type of play that a floater would make, not the kind of move that you should use against them.

Brad

ClaytonN
05-26-2005, 05:11 AM
K.

yellowjack
05-26-2005, 05:52 AM
I don't understand why no one is mentioned our timid BB. It looks like he's calling down here, and his call would have stopped me from making this C/R on the turn (assuming this is what I want to do).

SCfuji
05-26-2005, 06:00 AM
you on tilt? 2 opponents, you have ace high with a gutshot straight on the board with a flush draw. i doubt your ace is going to bring this pot home to daddy.

milesdyson
05-26-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you on tilt? 2 opponents, you have ace high with a gutshot straight on the board with a flush draw. i doubt your ace is going to bring this pot home to daddy.

[/ QUOTE ]
His gutshot puts a straight on the board, though.

Sarge85
05-26-2005, 01:42 PM
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~cmgroves/Jewel/CDs/Promo/Various/Atlantic/Spew.jpg

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Mister Z
05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Turn: Looks like a great way to blow $4.. I like it!

Maybe this would be good to fold an opponenent HE on the river, but with BB calling you're throwing away money with a turn C/R.