PDA

View Full Version : River Decision

Scotch78
05-26-2005, 04:02 AM
UTG is new to the table, but the rest of us had been together for over an hour. His stats are 73/5/33 with AFs of .6/2/2.7 over about 100 hands. BB is too aggressive on the flop and turn (i.e. raising a loose-passsive with one overcard and a gutshot just because he was the pre-flop raiser). MP and SB are both calling stations. MP pulls an occasional move, but the SB is very predictable.

I am almost positive the BB would've 3-bet the turn with KK or KJ, so I'm interpreting his donkbet as AJ or a flush (or maybe a dumbass bluff). I haven't noticed him making any big laydowns, but he's a little too tight, so he may be able to fold a jack if I 3-bet. Also, he may be aggressive enough to 3-bet with the nut flush, but not with a worse hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG (L-?) calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB (TAG) raises</font>, UTG (L-?) calls, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, L-? calls, MP folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, L-? calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, TAG calls, L-? calls.

River: (13 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">TAG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">L-? raises</font>, Hero . . .

Final Pot: 20 BB

Scott

edit: If MP had called the flop, I was thinking about raising then instead of slowplaying. The SB would almost certainly call a double flop bet, but might fold to a double turn bet. In addition, if I raise the flop there's a good chance that both calling stations will call a single bet on the turn with pretty much anything and one may even call a single river bet with A-high. Thoughts?

Nate tha' Great
05-26-2005, 04:07 AM
This isn't much of a decision.

J.R.
05-26-2005, 04:08 AM
calls. L-? is who you're worried about. I dunno, I like a flop raise here.

Scotch78
05-26-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't much of a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I hope you mean it's a clear 3-bet.

Scott

Nate tha' Great
05-26-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? You're disapponting me, dude.

J.R.
05-26-2005, 04:11 AM
ohh, there's TWO Jacks on the board... good night

Scotch78
[ QUOTE ]
calls. L-? is who you're worried about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really worried about him. He wasn't passive, so there's no reason to put him on a full house with the flush draw coming in.

[ QUOTE ]
I like a flop raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my edit.

Scott

billyjex
[ QUOTE ]
calls. L-? is who you're worried about. I dunno, I like a flop raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

L?'s actions look a lot like a flush and not a boat. I 3-bet.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 07:50 AM
This is a simple 3-bet. Capping doesn't even make me want to throw up. If I don't mind a cap, it's not a hard 3-bet.

Krishan