PDA

View Full Version : **A Plan for Cleaning Up OOT

Pages : [1] 2

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 03:50 AM
I now submit to you my plan for making OOT a better forum. I propose a group of us form together in a membership style group and adhere to some rules that should prove quite effective. The alternative of course, is that OOT heads down it’s current path of noobery and “pooper” references. Tentative rules:

*members will keep a master list of OOT posters that are to be ignored by all members (this is the main point of doing this)
*original members will agree upon a set list of who the original members are
*subsequent members will be agreed upon by enough of the members so as the entire group can be confident in the judgement
*subsequent members shall have as much say as original members, and membership will be devoid of any tangible heirarchy
*members will not respond to posts by blacklisted members
*membership will be based solely on content, not opinion
*members will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is not a detriment to OOT
*Members may be voted out/in again as necessary
*Members may use an agreed-upon symbol or tagline to identify new topics that are suitable and enjoyable for other members, although this is not required.

Now, my tentative list for people I think should agree to this to make it awesome:

daryn
[censored]
wacki
cnfuzzd
whiskeytown
TSC
patrick del poker grande
inthacup
bisonbison
Michael Davis
GoT
Dynasty
Clarkmeister
MicroBob
Talk2BigSteve
rmarotti
Chris Daddy Cool
El Diablo
Jack of Arcades
Duke
B00T
ZeeJustin
Eurotrash
MEbenhoe
TimM
bernie
Sponger
Lawrence Ng
boris
Homer
lazymeatball
sublime
gorie

Now, if anyone from this list replies, I have 3 questions for you:

1) Would you be on board for this plan or something similar?

2) Who do you have on ignore right now?

3) Who do you think should be on this list of good OOT people?

Thanks. Also, if someone from the list could compile a list of ignored names from posters who replied, that would be a sweet starter-kit for mass ignoring. This way, even if the plan is a total flop, we can at least get something out of it. Disregard anyone's reply who was either not on the list or recommended by someone who was.

daryn
05-26-2005, 03:52 AM
what an honor, first on the list!

this could work.. but could fail miserably also.

let it be known i currently have nobody on ignore.

Jules22
05-26-2005, 03:53 AM
its hard to clean up a forum thats unmoderated.

Pocket Trips
05-26-2005, 03:53 AM
hmm I'm starting to think that "trying to hard" look in your pics was not an accident

rmarotti
05-26-2005, 03:54 AM
I'm flattered. I'm behind this plan. I don't have anybody on ignore, i just dont click on certain posters' posts, jason_t should be on the list of good people.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its hard to clean up a forum thats unmoderated.

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding, if it was moderated this post wouldn't be happening.

wacki
05-26-2005, 03:55 AM

Yes.

Anyone that insulted your woman, and anyone that thinks "put it in her pooper" is funny.

Blarg, Ray Zee, and zeno are missing.

[censored]
05-26-2005, 03:56 AM
I think it could work if the people on the list go along.

I would be in as I a few days ago I started going on an ignoring spree. I will have to compile a list.

I would add pfunk to the good list for starters as well as Jdl... even though he went to the UofO

daryn
05-26-2005, 03:57 AM
also andyfox

clearly there are a TON of quality names missing

[censored]
05-26-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and anyone that think "put it in her pooper" is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was also my first rule when I started ignoring with pretty much a zero tolerance policy.

daryn
05-26-2005, 03:58 AM
wow, so you guys are both ignoring jake?

[censored]
05-26-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, so you guys are both ignoring jake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also andyfox

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i know this.

Boris
05-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Good idea.

To the "in crowd" I'd like to add J.A. Sucker, Matt Flynn and Ray Zee cuz I know them all in real life. They don't post here often but usually have a worthwhile contribution when they do. I'd also like to add saltcracker cuz he makes me laugh a fair amount of the time.

I don't have anyone on ignore but I'm getting more interested in this feature.

[censored]
05-26-2005, 04:00 AM
I wouldn't mind compiling the mass ignore list.

Either post or feel free to pm me if you don't want to post it.

BusterStacks
[ QUOTE ]

I don't have anyone on ignore but I'm getting more interested in this feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, we are gonna have to start calling out names of people who suck and should be ignored if we want to enjoy OOT. That's the main point.

wacki
If this thread grows, I'm going to notify the moderator. Not because it should be deleted, but just to point out how much they've been neglecting their most loyal/important members.

Oh ya... add astroglide to the list of good people.

daryn
05-26-2005, 04:02 AM
i agree with this movement and all but can you really blame the moderators?

what are they supposed to do? ban everyone who makes bad jokes?

Daliman
05-26-2005, 04:02 AM
How reichish of you.

Godwin's law invoked.

First outcast poster has revealed himself!

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:03 AM
No, I think they should delegate people to moderate specific sections of 2+2 like they do on almost EVERY other message board.

[censored]
I know I recently added
dead
pschrek
istewart
jakethebake

a bunch of others I can't remember

I'm not trying to be a dick by calling them out, but that is who is on mine that I can remember.

Justin A
It's a good idea in theory, but the good poster group will be a minority by far, and will not have enough power to clean up the forum.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:05 AM
It's my belief that they should be called out by name. It's hard to convince someone just how bad they suck on the internet, but if you can convince everyone else that someone sucks, it's usually effective.

daryn
05-26-2005, 04:05 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
No, I think they should delegate people to moderate specific sections of 2+2 like they do on almost EVERY other message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh.. yes.. i like that.

daryn
05-26-2005, 04:06 AM
just for the record, all jews and blacks are out, right?

JOPKE

peachy
05-26-2005, 04:06 AM
u forgot i need to be on the ignore list!!!

daryn
05-26-2005, 04:07 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

no you are just on the unintelligible illiterate retard list.

see you in vegas! /images/graemlins/heart.gif

wacki
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An invite only section would work too.

BusterStacks
[ QUOTE ]
It's a good idea in theory, but the good poster group will be a minority by far, and will not have enough power to clean up the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was that if it were to grow in the right direction and the ignore list was readily available, we would get a lot of people who realize how valuable it is.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An invite only section would work too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah although I doubt we would ever get that.

peachy
05-26-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no you are just on the unintelligible illiterate retard list.

see you in vegas! /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Justin A
05-26-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was that if it were to grow in the right direction and the ignore list was readily available, we would get a lot of people who realize how valuable it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose a sticky thread with the list would work. Now you just have to find someone with sticky thread making capabilities.

daryn
come on peach i will buy you a beer in vegas and all will be forgiven!

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for reminding me

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

*subsequent members shall have as much say as original members, and membership will be devoid of any tangible heirarchy

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I'm in charge and designated as more important than the "regular" members of this list, I'm down. At the same level as me (well, not really same level [except for Spicy of course]), can be daryn, Clarky, SpicyF, JV, Paluka, probably wacki, maybe Boris, and possibly IndieMatty. I am sure I am forgetting some, but they are probably not that great OOT posters anyway.

BreakEvenPlayer
05-26-2005, 04:16 AM
I guess I'll be the first one to say that this is the gayest thing I've ever read. Let me get this straight. You're trying to make an elitist clique in the Other Topics forum of an internet gambling website? Wow.

- The forum is called Other Topics, so wtf constitutes a "suitable" new topic?

- This forum gets some of its flavor from the random dickwads who post their drivel and proceed to get "pwned" if you will.

- It's the internet dude. Stupid and unfunny assholes will always find a way to rain on your parade.

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 04:17 AM
Whoa, BreakEven, relax man! I will get you on the list, definitely!!!

BreakEvenPlayer
05-26-2005, 04:19 AM
Yeah. I forgot, the last bullet on my post was supposed to say:

- Put me on the list.

ClaytonN
I'm in favor of this line of thought.

The forum isn't really moderated, so this well do well to notify the trolls or retards that their presence is not welcome.

Gamblor
regardless of the outcome, i'm not entirely sure why you seem to think you have or deserve any ownership over this forum

furthermore, this kind of piece of [censored] snobbery is exactly the kind of thing oot could do without.

peachy
05-26-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
come on peach i will buy you a beer in vegas and all will be forgiven!

[/ QUOTE ]

are u tryin to kill me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:21 AM
well dude, OOT used to be pretty cool and now it blows. Had it never been cool I wouldn't even care, but I have a hard time accepting that this is just "how it is". besides the point is not in the members, it's in their judgement of who to ignore. I see nothing wrong with it.

SmileyEH
05-26-2005, 04:22 AM
The only person I ever ignored was Desdia, but that's because half his posts were personal attacks toward me. If you guys want to get an ignore list together thats fine, but like Breakevenplayer said a lot of the attraction of OOT is just reading dumb [censored] people post. Meanignful discussion is the exception not the rule, and while this project might change that I doubt it will be worth the effort.

But good luck.

-SmileyEH

Ps. Put me on the list

daryn
regardless of the outcome, i'm not entirely sure why you seem to think you have or deserve any ownership over this forum

furthermore, this kind of piece of [censored] snobbery is exactly the kind of thing oot could do without.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that kind of talk will get you booted from the list with the quickness. tread lightly, for you are on thin ice now.

Gamblor
i like it, but only if the dagos take a shower and make me some spaghetti.

i promise to do the accounting and arab-shooting.

daryn
05-26-2005, 04:23 AM
but like Breakevenplayer said a lot of the attraction of OOT is just reading dumb [censored] people post.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's not. that's what it has become

GuyOnTilt
05-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Sweet. Honestly, I was getting close to just forgetting about this forum 'cause it's basically gone to [censored]. But this'll be fun and has a shot to work maybe, so I'm in.

Currently, I have nobody on ignore except a couple people from the WPT forum, but nobody here. I'm getting close to putting jake on ignore though, but that's about it.

On who gets voted in or whatever as a memeber: Do you have to have shown that you deserve to be a member? Or do you have to have shown that you don't deserve to be a member?

GoT

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok look, I was not trying to say I own anything. If someone else was making a list of good posters, I wouldn't even expect to be on it. The fact is though, that with no moderation, we have no defense against a huge influx of crap. It's not going to get better, and will get worse. Do you disagree?

Jack of Arcades
I'd go along with it I guess, but I'm not gonna be fervent about it.

No one.

Macdaddy Warsaw, Soul Daddy, contentless. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.

Pocket Trips
I'm sure I will be added to most of your ignore lists if I'm not already there after this post but I have to say this.... Isn't this just a cyber version of putting your hands over your ears and saying "nah na nah na nah I'm not listening"?

This is your master plan for "saving" OOT? I mean just grow up. Don't you realize that this will do noting but fill this board with flame wars when you guys decide that someone is "unworthy"? OOT is fun precisely because of the mass idiocy and the few diamonds in the rough that are on display here. If someone's posts really piss you off just stop clicking on them! There are a few people who I have come to realize it is just an absolute waste of time clicking on thier posts so I just stopped reading them. If enough people do this and no one responds to their posts they will eventually get bored and leave.

I am amazed by the attitudes of some of you. You think it is your god-given right to choose who is "worthy" of posting on some dumb message board specifically created to be pretty much a free for all where anything within reasonable standards goes?

You guys are constantly complaining that OOT "is not what it used to be" and that there are not as many good threads as there used to be, but just because there are more posters doesn't mean that there are not quality posts. I would rather read 1001 pooper jokes than 1 more post bitching about the lost glory days of OOT.

PokerFink
05-26-2005, 04:25 AM
I like the idea of cleaning up OOT, but I don't see how this is going to help.

The people that post on OOT A LOT (the ignorers) are the ones that get fed up with the annoying posters (the ignorees), since they have to read their crap all day. But in order to get the ignorees to leave OOT (which I assume is the point of this) you are going to have to convince a lot of people to ignore them, not just the "members". I don't think this is possible. Dead and all of them are still going to get attention, so they won't leave.

Just my 2 cents.

Gamblor
05-26-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that kind of talk will get you booted from the list with the quickness. tread lightly, for you are on thin ice now.

[/ QUOTE ]

only if i am one of the snobs will i accept this.

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamblor,

There are plenty of non-snobby forums that I think you would feel right at home at, like www.chargeinterest.com/forums. (http://www.chargeinterest.com/forums.)

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Gamblor,

There are plenty of non-snobby forums that I think you would feel right at home at, like www.chargeinterest.com/forums. (http://www.chargeinterest.com/forums.)

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god, so awesome.

BreakEvenPlayer
It's all a reality of the poker boom. The hand postings and advice in the Mid-High Stakes Limit forum was incredible a couple years ago. Good posters still post a hand now and then, but the board has been flooded with &lt;mediocre 15-30 players.

Same goes here with OOT, which is the most popular forum of them all.

But let's think about it like this. Say there's this new troll douchebag who only posts stupid controversial BS. So your group decides to ignore this guy. But then one of his threads has a little merit and stirs the pot and all of the sudden there are 10,000 views and 342 replies. Are you really telling me you're not going to read this thread? Great threads are what make a forum, and any mass exclusionary tactics are going to be detrimental to yourself.

You don't have to open a thread and you can skim over the posts of the douches of the forum.

[censored]
No offense as I don't have a problem with you but you joined about 5 months after OOT was awesome. I think if you saw it then and now you may have a different opinion.

I HATE to say this but it appears as though Daryn was infact right.

Eurotrash
05-26-2005, 04:29 AM
well, hopefully my invitation to be amongst this Moonraker-esque OOT revamp wasn't an accident -- and if it wasn't, that's kind of flattering I must admit /images/graemlins/grin.gif

1. Sure, I'd be up for this

2. I have nobody on ignore now, never have

3. All the posters from OOT whose posts I enjoy reading are either here, or have been mentioned by others (or I'm just forgetting)

Ulysses
Pocket Trips is IN. BTW, I am really surprised that some of you guys are so anti-jake.

peachy
[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of cleaning up OOT, but I don't see how this is going to help.

The people that post on OOT A LOT (the ignorers) are the ones that get fed up with the annoying posters (the ignorees), since they have to read their crap all day. But in order to get the ignorees to leave OOT (which I assume is the point of this) you are going to have to convince a lot of people to ignore them, not just the "members". I don't think this is possible. Dead and all of them are still going to get attention, so they won't leave.

Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont post for attention...i post what i think...and if most ignore me before of it or dont like me more power to them...doesn offend me any

ClaytonN
05-26-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pocket Trips is IN. BTW, I am really surprised that some of you guys are so anti-jake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. He's the closest OOT has to a troll.

SmileyEH
[ QUOTE ]
3. All the posters from OOT whose posts I enjoy reading are either here, or have been mentioned by others (or I'm just forgetting)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought being a Harry Potter lookalike would get me in. *sigh*

-SmileyEH

Jack of Arcades
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is relevant and entertaining like 5% of the time. When he is, it's a good post, and it's the only reason he's not on ignore.

JaBlue
05-26-2005, 04:32 AM
i would think it would be pretty easy to just start your own forum, no?

billyjex
05-26-2005, 04:33 AM
i don't really care about any of this stuff either way,

but i am down for anyway that you guys can instantly ban anyone who ever, ever replies to another post with stick it in her pooper. that [censored] just sucks.

daryn

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is relevant and entertaining like 5% of the time. When he is, it's a good post, and it's the only reason he's not on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, 95% of the time i hate jake, and he is just a retard.

occasionally though, he will actually be normal, and be an alright poster.

BusterStacks
[ QUOTE ]
i would think it would be pretty easy to just start your own forum, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as easy as it would be to get some moderation in here.

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 04:34 AM
Oh yeah, FWIW, it's not that hard to look at OOT even after a few days away and only open up threads by certain posters or threads that have huge number of views/responses. But I do think it is kinda amusing/interesting to see where this thread/idea goes.

Gamblor
05-26-2005, 04:37 AM
that's the quality posting oot needs.

how is the california air?

[censored]
05-26-2005, 04:38 AM
Also treeofwisdom7 was just added.

peachy
05-26-2005, 04:40 AM
well itll never work...its a public forum...

and some of u that have said u ignore others...uve been far more condeseding, rude, and out right nasty to some of the people u ignore and they just dont bother with returing the same attitude...its quite sad and hypocritical...but then again...this is OOT

Ianco15
05-26-2005, 04:41 AM
What is this "OOT" I keep hearing so much about?

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 04:42 AM
peachy, it's ok to be rude if you are coherent and have anything to say at all. You do not fit this description.

daryn
05-26-2005, 04:43 AM
What is this "OOT" I keep hearing so much about?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/b/p/bpd132/Pictures/web/soup%20nazi.jpg

wacki
05-26-2005, 04:46 AM
nice one daryn.

peachy
05-26-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
peachy, it's ok to be rude if you are coherent and have anything to say at all. You do not fit this description.

[/ QUOTE ]

its never ok to be rude to someone...but u lack morals or whatever u want to term them..."good taste" - as uve displayed lately...but thats MY opinion

Eurotrash
05-26-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought being a Harry Potter lookalike would get me in. *sigh*

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll see what I can do about sneaking you in, but I might require a fund transfer to my Party account /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 05:03 AM
Oh yeah, also FWIW, the only person I have on ignore is some dude named Los Feliz something cuz one time he posted this super-long URL and that was screwing up a thread I wanted to read, so I had to get rid of it. I have no idea if he posts good stuff or not.

Eurotrash
05-26-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its never ok to be rude to someone...but u lack morals or whatever u want to term them..."good taste" - as uve displayed lately...

[/ QUOTE ]

this coming from the person who took a shot at Buster's gal in the pics thread? That was not the epitome of tact, peachy

ZeeJustin
05-26-2005, 05:08 AM
I propose we add BusterStacks to our ignore list. Do I need someone to second the motion or something?

ethan
05-26-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
*cough*

I don't know how easy it'll be to maintain these lists, but I could see this plan helping. OOT'd also benefit from the sports forum being created - it won't fix the polltard/pooper/etc problems, but it'd still be nice.

PokerFink
05-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Do we get to try Zee for treason?

Uh oh.... I'm making lame jokes in a thread designed to end lame jokes on OOT.

peachy
05-26-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its never ok to be rude to someone...but u lack morals or whatever u want to term them..."good taste" - as uve displayed lately...

[/ QUOTE ]

this coming from the person who took a shot at Buster's gal in the pics thread? That was not the epitome of tact, peachy

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my opinion and it was said in a tasteful form

ZeeJustin
05-26-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do we get to try Zee for treason?

Uh oh.... I'm making lame jokes in a thread designed to end lame jokes on OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider yourself pariahed (No, pariahed is not a word. Yes, I used it anyway.)

IndieMatty
05-26-2005, 05:13 AM
I thought the Craigslist escort ad post would be funny. I swear!

Also, it's worth noting. Things have been much better here over the last few days...since last Friday at least.

bernie
05-26-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are the ones that get fed up with the annoying posters (the ignorees), since they have to read their crap all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's forcing you to read their crap?

b

ZeeJustin
05-26-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
thats just plain trashy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
she looks BETTER with clothes on

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing display of tact. You managed to say your opinion without saying anything remotely offensive!

PS, you will not be allowed into our garden of eden after this shameful display of character.

[censored]
05-26-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the Craigslist escort ad post would be funny. I swear!

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the status of that anyway?

bernie
05-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Post more pics of your chick!

b

IQ89
05-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Man! How controlling!! You sound like a White Republican Male. Dude, you're turning into your father.

-Regards

P.S. I'm sure it would be a real smart business move on Mason's part to implement a such an unwelcoming course of action towards newcomers.

DCJ311
05-26-2005, 05:19 AM
Having BusterStacks organize a forum for quality OOT posters is the equivalent of Carrot Top heading an organization for an elite group of comedians.

peachy
05-26-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
thats just plain trashy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing display of tact. You managed to say your opinion without saying anything remotely offensive!

PS, you will not be allowed into our garden of eden after this shameful display of character.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhaha and i care why?? most everyone cant stand me either way so its cool...and yes it was tactful i could have said it in a rude way

ie. u need to stop tryin to prove ur so cool...posin with sunglasses on inside etc etc and then posting a half nude pic of ur girl...to me that is trashy i could have called it many other things but i didnt get vulgar or obscene with what i said (as my point was in a previous post that others have)....i could go on about the pictures but im not that rude and vulgar

its all my opinion

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 05:20 AM
Oh yeah, one more thing... I'd have to go through some posts to verify this statement, but I suspect this BusterStacks character might do a little too much quoting w/ no real comment posts to really be casting stones here.

SmileyEH
05-26-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, one more thing... I'd have to go through some posts to verify this statement, but I suspect this BusterStacks character might do a little too much quoting w/ no real comment posts to really be casting stones here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The OOT monitors clearly need an internal review board...

-SmileyEH

ClaytonN
05-26-2005, 05:23 AM
You're a tool, peachy.

Saying something THAT hateful and then later saying "It was my opinion said in tasteful form".

Give me a break. You are sickening.

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Having BusterStacks organize a forum for quality OOT posters is the equivalent of Carrot Top heading an organization for an elite group of comedians.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHHAHAHHAH
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
AHHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
AHHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm not sure if it's more appropriate to say "oh snap" or "pwned" here, but I'm pretty sure both apply.

peachy
05-26-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a tool, peachy.

Saying something THAT hateful and then later saying "It was my opinion said in tasteful form".

Give me a break. You are sickening.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah glad u think so! i could have been alot more rude...it was my opinion and im not sugar coating it for anyone

ZeeJustin
05-26-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
thats just plain trashy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhaha and i care why?? most everyone cant stand me either way so its cool...and yes it was tactful i could have said it in a rude way

ie. u need to stop tryin to prove ur so cool...posin with sunglasses on inside etc etc and then posting a half nude pic of ur girl...to me that is trashy i could have called it many other things but i didnt get vulgar or obscene with what i said (as my point was in a previous post that others have)....i could go on about the pictures but im not that rude and vulgar

its all my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he was a giant tool, an exact double of the world's biggest tool pic. Looking at that pic made me sick to be honest. Some people just need to die for the good of mankind, but I would NEVER say anything like that in a public forum...
Don't worry, if my previous motion is ratified by our OOT senate, you will be able to chat about your beef with Buster all you want while you two are in exile together.

twang
05-26-2005, 05:32 AM
OOT is a coterie already. Circle jerking does not need to be formalized.

/twang

raisins
05-26-2005, 05:33 AM
This is like that movie Star Chamber.

More seriously, I don't think a list will be effective. The trolls and lamers will just change names when they see their names on the ignore list.

Perhaps if some of the posters who are recognized by Mason were to ask you could get a moderator for at least this board and the split Soprts forum. I remember Mason being pretty responsive to El Diablo when the NL forum was split into a Small Stakes and Mid, High Stakes.

regards,

raisins

SCfuji
05-26-2005, 05:54 AM
hey hitlerstacks

stick it in your pooper!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if some of the posters who are recognized by Mason were to ask you could get a moderator for at least this board and the split Soprts forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

9 million "respected" posters have asked for this forever.

[ QUOTE ]
I remember Mason being pretty responsive to El Diablo when the NL forum was split into a Small Stakes and Mid, High Stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably missed the first 800 times that idea was brought up. I believe ML4L or someone else was actually the driver to make that happen, definitely not me.

Emmitt2222
05-26-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like the idea, but this is the sort of thing we could do without. Although I think this post was made in jest, I could actually see this thing being serious in the future, where people who are "in" threaten to blacklist people who are "out" and that can lead to problems. Other than that I think it should at least be given a trial period and continued if successful or dropped if not.

Hope this doesn't put me on the blacklist... if I wasn't there already.

BOTW
05-26-2005, 06:17 AM
But what about people like "spaceman"Bryce? Half the people here ignored him and made him leave, but I, for one, found him to be quite the teacher. Please, don't deny me the next spaceman despite the signal/noise ratio.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 06:18 AM
well, it looks like most people missed the point of this whole thing. *sigh*... carry on.

Emmitt2222
05-26-2005, 06:29 AM
uh, isnt it just all about cleaning up OOT which everyone wants? That's what I thought, but I was just pointing out that it could turn into some divided groups/elitist thing. Or did I just completely miss something because I am dumb? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 06:29 AM
as we have discussed, im totally down for this. I think people are missing a few things....

1) we are not regulating what gets posted in the OOT forum. Given that twoplustwo publishing wants to maintain strict control over thier online forums, which is completely within their rights, they have thusfar not allowed self-moderation of any specific forum. Some of us feel that this is a problem. However, given that we will not suddenly become magical gnomes that can make posts disappear vis a vis cia abduction tactics, your crappy ass posts will still be allowed. God knows why.

2) Some of us are in OOT for a specific reason, to engage in random, somewhat intelligent (or at least humorous as we percieve it) discussion about things other than poker. Lately, a certain segment of the OOT population has noticed a trend away from what we want 'our' OOT to be, and we have been distressed by it. Those who claim we are mucking up OOT even more with our whiney assed posts are probably correct, thus we are offering a different solution.

3)Participation in this group is entirely voluntary, as long as you are an acceptable member of the group. Simply put, if i decide that im tired of not reading 20 posts of people quoting one dumbass who realized that "stick it in her pooper" was a good way to not come up with a witty response, then i can opt out of the group. No mafiaso hitmen will stalk me, no strange flying craft will whisk me away and probe my nether regions.

4)This is a group whose goal is NOT to create a seperate community within OOT, but instead point out that, while OOT is all about random topics, noise can still exist in this forum. Not only can it exist, but it does, in high quantity. We simply are going to cut down on the noise that is included in our 2+2 experience. We can do this, because unlike the strategy forums where a variety of posters of many different stripes post on all subjects where that cross mix is the value in those forums, here in OOT, most of the posters that we feel are not living up to what we want OOT to be can be nixed across the board. They are the posters who day in and day out are making replies that we simply dont find amusing. Thats not thier fault. We just dont want to read it anymore. (An argument can be made that we will be limiting our exposure to these posters in forums outside OOT, but frankly, most of those im tired of reading about are not really posting alot in the strategy forums.)

5) If you dont agree with what we are doing, TOUGH. Just like it is your privledge to use this forum to whatever extent is allowed by the T&amp;C's, we can do the same. This is not a clique, or a gestapo like enforcement of the rules. This is, typically, the older siblings saying they are tired of mixing with the younger siblings. Thats life. Get used to it.

buster, as i have taken the more drastic solution of dealing with oot by just not reading it, im not really sure who should be on either list, but i am completely behind this.

peace

john nickle

whiskeytown
05-26-2005, 06:37 AM
not sure if it's a wise idea or not....

but I will state my ignore list consists of the following.

Steven Punk
Dr. Wogga
Tru Playa
CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
zsmith69
Teddy
Vince Lepore
Vincent Lepore
Smoothcall -

some of these guys may deserve to be pulled and I may as I see their comments requoted, but I mostly doubt I would pull any of them.

Personally, I wish they didn't even show up in my threads - not even the ***you are ignoring this user*** ones - make them vanish like on poker chat -

RB

Klepton
05-26-2005, 07:38 AM
i would never want to belong to a group that would have aomeone like me as a member

oljumpstart
05-26-2005, 07:46 AM
If I bring you the head of the Jesus spammer can I be in?

tbach24
05-26-2005, 08:16 AM
You're missing a bunch of awesome posters (as you probably know). I didn't see bruiser, mason55, or myself.

Also, I know there are bad feelings towards Jake but really, how much does "Put it in her pooper" or "Get her drunk, then call her" really hurt the forum?

The point is that it would be impossible to include all of the good posters. Not to mention the fact that good noob's come and that some people change. Or is that already covered in your plan as well?

spamuell
05-26-2005, 08:21 AM
If I was a deliberate omission, I think this is a despicable form of segretation, not to mention extremely lame and somewhat impractical.

If you just forgot me, I want in.

Rotating Rabbit
05-26-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would never want to belong to a group that would have aomeone like me as a member

[/ QUOTE ]

Oscar Wilde

Jack of Arcades
05-26-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oscar Wilde

[/ QUOTE ]

Groucho Marx

GuyOnTilt
05-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Some people seem to be taking this as we will refuse to read anybody's posts but those who are members. That's not what this is. We're basically just getting a bunch of people together who we have mutual respect for and allow them a say or a vote in who we, as a group, choose to ignore. That doesn't mean we ignore all non-members. Including all deserving posters probably is impossible, yes, but that is not necessary for this to work.

GoT

TStoneMBD
05-26-2005, 08:28 AM
if you guys actually do this thing, i volunteer to be blacklisted, because i dont want any part of this bs.

Rotating Rabbit
05-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah you're right, got them confused, im owned!

Lazymeatball
05-26-2005, 08:58 AM
I like the idea, I am skeptical, but I don't see how it could hurt, so I'm down.

Currently I don't ignore anyone.

And for Good OOT people, JoeTall was probably an oversight because he doesn't post in OOT daily, and he would probably be very apathetic to the cause, but I'll throw him in.

My main objective for this idea would be to get rid of Dead and to weed out the 95% of the Jakethebake that is crap, because on occasion I do like his stuff, but it's watered down with crap.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I know there are bad feelings towards Jake but really, how much does "Put it in her pooper" or "Get her drunk, then call her" really hurt the forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

i find it hilarious that i seem to be blamed for the whole pooper thing, not to mention the drunken call thing. i neither invented, nor am i the biggest offender, in either case.

tbach24
05-26-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people seem to be taking this as we will refuse to read anybody's posts but those who are members. That's not what this is. We're basically just getting a bunch of people together who we have mutual respect for and allow them a say or a vote in who we, as a group, choose to ignore. That doesn't mean we ignore all non-members. Including all deserving posters probably is impossible, yes, but that is not necessary for this to work.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that makes much more sense. Still some people that should be added (if they haven't already):

mason55
bruiser
tstonembd
tbach24
voltron

there must be more, too, but these are the one's I can think of now

tbach24
05-26-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i find it hilarious that i seem to be blamed for the whole pooper thing, not to mention the drunken call thing. i neither invented, nor am i the biggest offender, in either case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know for sure. I seem to think of you as a funny poster, and I don't really like the "put it in her pooper" jokes so you must be right.

Phoenix1010
05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Gamblor,

There are plenty of non-snobby forums that I think you would feel right at home at, like www.chargeinterest.com/forums.<br (http://www.chargeinterest.com/forums.<br) />
[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that he was a giant tool, an exact double of the world's biggest tool pic. Looking at that pic made me sick to be honest. Some people just need to die for the good of mankind, but I would NEVER say anything like that in a public forum...
Don't worry, if my previous motion is ratified by our OOT senate, you will be able to chat about your beef with Buster all you want while you two are in exile together.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

OOT is a coterie already. Circle jerking does not need to be formalized.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hey hitlerstacks

stick it in your pooper!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If I bring you the head of the Jesus spammer can I be in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Add in the soup Nazi, and honestly, this is about as funny as I've seen OOT. There's some gold in this thread. Was it always this funny? I think Hitlerstacks saved the forum.

SpicyF
05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
&lt;God`&gt; OMG YOU FASCIST

CCass
05-26-2005, 09:38 AM
So far so good, as I don't appear to be on anybody's ignore list. However, I also didn't make the "first cut" of the member list.

I don't know if something like this will work, but I do know that when OOT first came into existence, I read every post. I now regularly skip at least 1/3 of the posts based on their title/OP. I don't use the ignore function, but there are several posters I manually ignore.

SpicyF
05-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Clearly this forum needs someone that has no morals on banning people for no reason other than his own pleasure.

OOT, meet God`.

God` would shapen out this place in a few days!

Shajen
05-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I really wish I were here for the days when "OOT was cool".

No, I'm not being facetious.

There's way too many posts on here that are absolutely retarded. I hope I'm not guilty of contributing to the noise.

Yeti
05-26-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, my tentative list for people I think should agree to this to make it awesome:

daryn
[censored]
sublime
gorie

[/ QUOTE ]

Fk you.

I can't believe all the anti-jake brigade. The guy is a good poster.

Lazymeatball
05-26-2005, 09:50 AM
The reason people associate jake with the "stick it" lame joke is that jake is the epitomy of taking a lame joke and repeating it ad naseaum into the ground. i reference the hot tub pic debacle of the previous two months. That and the fact that jake has used the "stick" comment at least 10 times.

Pocket Trips
05-26-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason people associate jake with the "stick it" lame joke is that jake is the epitomy of taking a lame joke and repeating it ad naseaum into the ground. i reference the hot tub pic debacle of the previous two months. That and the fact that jake has used the "stick" comment at least 10 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

The stick it in her pooper joke will continue to be funny (though indirectly) simply because of the pissed off responses it now generates. There is just something funny about people getting pissed off enough over a stupid joke that they feel they have to form their own "clique".

When I first saw this thread in the midsdle of the night I thought it was a bad idea as i posted already but now that I have had a few hours sleep I havwe to agree with the poster that said that this thread has become very entertaining. Those of you who think you will change anything by this greatly over-estimate your own importance in the grand scheme of things

Dr. Strangelove
05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Who died and made rainbow boy pope? This is a stupid idea and I want no part of it. Also, Jake is the man.

Play it [again] spicy.

Bulldog
05-26-2005, 10:12 AM
It says "NO HOMERS". We're allowed to have one!

nicky g
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people need a collective ignore list? Why not just each ignore who you want to? If the idea is really what you describe, it's completely bizarre.

Filip
05-26-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

daryn
[censored]
wacki
cnfuzzd
whiskeytown

[/ QUOTE ]

Are u gonna call this group "the crew"?

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The stick it in her pooper joke will continue to be funny (though indirectly) simply because of the pissed off responses it now generates. There is just something funny about people getting pissed off enough over a stupid joke that they feel they have to form their own "clique".

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly what led to probably half my pooper posts.

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you who think you will change anything by this greatly over-estimate your own importance in the grand scheme of things

[/ QUOTE ]
I love the fact that your refer to oot as "the grand scheme of things". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin
05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't know why I find your avatar so funny.

As for OOT, I think it's good to form a list of ignored posters and make it public. If people know they are hated, maybe they'll stop posting so much.

And for the record, I usually find Jake funny. Of course I'm normally reading OOT when I'm REALLY tired at work in the morning.

Freakin

TStoneMBD
05-26-2005, 10:34 AM
hey jake, just like to apologize for a post i made about you in the past in which i thought you were utterly annoying.

i was wrong. youre cool.

nicky g
05-26-2005, 10:36 AM
"As for OOT, I think it's good to form a list of ignored posters and make it public. If people know they are hated, maybe they'll stop posting so much. "

Wouldn't a substantial chunk, possibly a majority, of all posters have to have them on ignore before they even noticed? If it's just some group of "respected" posters, why would they even care, they can just talk to others or amongst themselves?

NoChance
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
You don't have to be part of the "In" crowd to put people like Jake on ignore. It's pretty easy to do.

afk
05-26-2005, 10:40 AM
we.
need.
moderators.

end of problem.

M2d
05-26-2005, 10:40 AM
what, exactly, was the "shot" that peachy took at buster's girl? I think there were two main quotes that everyone's up in arms about:
1) calling the pics tasteless. Unless I'm reading this way wrong, Peachy wasn't calling buster's girl (BG) tasteless. she was calling the act of posting her semi-nude pics on a public forum tasteless. iirc, prior to peachy's post, there was no indication that BG knew about or consented to her image posted here. I think some sort of semi confirmation that it was alright came later in the thread, but that should have probably been included in the op. without it, the post seemed like a "look what I got" post, and that would have been, imo, tasteless.

2) Peachy said that she thought that BG looked better clothed than unclothed. what's wrong with that? Peachy never said that BG was a hag and that she should cover up. she just stated her opinion.

if i'm wrong and Peachy actually did come out and insult BG, then yeah, she is looking pretty hypocritical right about now. If this is the extent (or the worst) of it, though, then she's really taking the short end of it here.

M2d
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you guys actually do this thing, i volunteer to be blacklisted, because i dont want any part of this bs.

[/ QUOTE ]
beat me to it.

vulturesrow
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Wow a formal group of the arbiters of cool in OOT. What a great idea.

sublime
05-26-2005, 10:44 AM
i apprectiae the time you put into this, but it could have been summed up even better:

ignore dead

lucas9000
05-26-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*members will keep a master list of OOT posters that are to be ignored by all members (this is the main point of doing this)
*original members will agree upon a set list of who the original members are
*subsequent members will be agreed upon by enough of the members so as the entire group can be confident in the judgement
*members will not respond to posts by blacklisted members
*membership will be based solely on content, not opinion
*members will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is not a detriment to OOT
*Members may be voted out/in again as necessary
*Members may use an agreed-upon symbol or tagline to identify new topics that are suitable and enjoyable for other members, although this is not required.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't read this whole thread but i'm assuming this is a big joke. if it's not, then i think i've had it with oot, not that anyone cares.

seriously, take a step back and read these "rules" again. this is beyond lame.

M2d
05-26-2005, 10:47 AM
jeez, talk about losing perspective. this is freaking OOT. it exists as a sump. It's on a poker forum and was created in an effort to reduce noise on the on-topic forums (the poker ones since, once again, this is 2+2). regardless of how intelligent, witty or enlightening you think an individual post is, it's just noise if it's not about poker.
the stepford mentality that Rounder was complaining about seven years ago obviously permeates more than just the poker content here.

M2d
05-26-2005, 10:49 AM
if this is a big joke, then excuse me. I'm having a pretty bad week at work and my sarcasm filter is off. if it's serious, then all of my comments stand.

Carlito
05-26-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow a formal group of the arbiters of cool in OOT. What a great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why Carlito is here. Other arbiters? That's not cool.

asofel
05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we.
need.
moderators.

end of problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this as many others seem to, but it'd be much harder to moderate a forum like OOT than mid-high. When practically all of the posts here are subjectively good or bad, how do you moderate?

You could set up rules so that people can't just quote-submit. Is that fair/right?

Same with one liners; there could be a ban on pooper jokes, on ni han sir, and so forth. How much control of what's posted is right? Who has the right to decide?

In talking about putting users on the ignore list, people have disagreed about some: jake for one, spaceman as well. Personally spaceman cracked me up and i wouldn't want a moderator cutting him out. jake's pooper lines don't bother me either, and i like plenty of his other posts.

To control a forum of this nature you'd have to make it a close nit community that doesn't mind letting a few people's opinions decide things for others. I understand what buster's hoping for here, but the mass ignore doesn't really work either. Its not like it'll stop the threads from appearing.

I haven't been on this forum for all that long, but I can definitely see how things have changed. I just don't think there's any real solution beyond paying attention to those posters you like, which topics look interesting and have generated discussion, and staying away from [censored] you could care less about.

M2d
05-26-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To control a forum of this nature you'd have to make it a close nit community that doesn't mind letting a few people's opinions decide things for others.

[/ QUOTE ]
unintentional typo?

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey jake, just like to apologize for a post i made about you in the past in which i thought you were utterly annoying.

i was wrong. youre cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

i get so many of those, i don't even remember who posted them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

but back at ya. we all have opinions about things, and will piss each off from time to time. plus a lot of people here (myself included) like to stir the pot on certain issues.

asofel
05-26-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To control a forum of this nature you'd have to make it a close nit community that doesn't mind letting a few people's opinions decide things for others.

[/ QUOTE ]
unintentional typo?

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lucas9000
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

spamuell
05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah I pretty much agree this whole thing is a bit lame, but I also think it's quite funny and it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Uglyowl
05-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Why don't you narcissists set up your own forum where only the hip and beautiful people hang, but not on twoplustwo's dime.

You would think people are trying to interrupt your quest to cure AIDS and eliminate poverty the way you are talking.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
where only the hip and beautiful people hang

[/ QUOTE ]

there are hip &amp; beautiful people in oot?

razor
05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people need a collective ignore list? Why not just each ignore who you want to?

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this collective group of people are so smart why aren't they already ignoring the crappy posters.

I picked a random thread started this week by a not so random crappy poster. A quick look at the thread showed 4 people Buster has on his tentative list make multiple posts to that thread. Why don't they ALREADY have this poster on their ignore list, or at least simply NOT RESPONDING to this poster?

nicky g
05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A simple pooper response would achieve this instantly.

asofel
05-26-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where only the hip and beautiful people hang

[/ QUOTE ]

there are hip &amp; beautiful people in oot?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a perfect example of where things go awry in OOT. Possible replies include:

* lol/lmao nh/ni han sir

* a link to busters pics post

* a post of the hot tub pic

* a link to tubgirl

are any of these worthwhile? personally, i'd probably smile at yet another hot tub pic. but that's just me, and i could see others being annoyed with it. You can't moderate something like this...

kyro
05-26-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If this is the extent (or the worst) of it, though, then she's really taking the short end of it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

IN THE POOPER!!!

and yeah, this is kinda dumb. i like buster, i like daryn and 95% of the people you had on your list. but since i turned 21 this month, something magical happened. i was given the ability to read the posts i wanted to read, and ignore the ones by the idiots on the forum. you know, you don't NEED to respond to that stuff.

daryn is right
05-26-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I HATE to say this but it appears as though Daryn was infact right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, duh. What have I been trying to tell you people?

NoChance
05-26-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a perfect example of where things go awry in OOT. Possible replies include:

* lol/lmao nh/ni han sir

* a link to tubgirl

are any of these worthwhile? personally, i'd probably smile at yet another hot tub pic. but that's just me, and i could see others being annoyed with it. You can't moderate something like this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh

<font color="white"> Just another example of what I see posted around here quite often </font>

SomethingClever
05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
OOT is all grows up!

Seriously, it's like a mini-Fark in here. We've got our own cliches, trolls and everything.

*applause*

It's not an internet forum until you have lame/awesome running jokes, a healthy supply of retards and a bunch of people that post "pwned" pictures.

In conclusion:

http://geocities.com/hankuppercut/fstallowned.jpg

mackthefork
05-26-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How reichish of you.

Godwin's law invoked.

First outcast poster has revealed himself!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliqueish, childish, playground nonsense. The Catholics would have added Darwin and Galileo to their ignore lists, the very heart of ignorance is to disregard an opposing opinion. I guess you'll go on the list of good people anyway Dali, I certainly won't be putting you on ignore anyway, just incase.

Regards Mack

05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
besides the point is not in the members, it's in their judgement of who to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the people that qualify to be in the "in" crowd are the same ones that are too dumb to figure out who to ignore on their own reconnoissance? I imagine that a lot of people who rode the short bus with me to school would qualify for that group.

In fact, that might be a good name for this elite group: "The Short Bus."

Pocket Trips
05-26-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

* lol/lmao nh/ni han sir

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed lol posts are lame.. the only thing worse than these are posts that do nothing but quote a previous post. To those of you who do this let me clue you in on something...The world can live without the knowledge that you agree with what a previous poster has said. If you don't even have the creativity to at least restate what was said in different words then just STFU

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] This is clearly the proper response here as his popped collar has imprsessed on me the importance of workin on my collar poppin skills

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite sure of the origin of this pic but in the context
I have seen it used refers to something being extremely gay and I'm not sure there was something gay about this post( except for the whole concept of a group of "cool" posters ignornig other posters) thats just (insert tinky winky pic here gay)

[ QUOTE ]
* a link to tubgirl

[/ QUOTE ] I like to think of tubgirl almost as a mascot for OOT . The first thing i did once discovering her was send links to all my friends asking if they wanted to see a pic of my new G/F so i could share the joyt that is tubgirl with the rest of the world

kyro
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHHAHAHHAH
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
AHHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHHA
AHHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm not sure if it's more appropriate to say "oh snap" or "pwned" here, but I'm pretty sure both apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh pwnsnap. new lingo. i swear.

nolanfan34
05-26-2005, 11:42 AM
My 2 cents.

I see what you're getting at, but the problem is the fact that even among a list of "approved" posters, you're going to have disagreements of who qualifies and who doesn't. Your list for example, has a number of people who I'm not a big fan of. But that's only my opinion.

I do think the forum could benefit from some additional moderation, but I don't know that user-based moderation is going to work.

And in the end, as I believe Md2 pointed out, OOT does serve the purpose of diverting the off topic conversations from other parts of the forum. Some certainly argue that the content in the forum has reached a lower level with the addition of so many new posters, but at least the threads for each part of the forum are usually on topic.

I'm not sure there is a solution. I just choose to not really spend much time in OOT anymore, because half of the threads I can't open because I'm worried about what pictures may be inside.

1800GAMBLER
05-26-2005, 11:43 AM
This forum seemed to go downhill around the exact time OOTers found a female poster to drool/give attention/create drama around.

razor
05-26-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
agreed lol posts are lame.. the only thing worse than these are posts that do nothing but quote a previous post. To those of you who do this let me clue you in on something...The world can live without the knowledge that you agree with what a previous poster has said. If you don't even have the creativity to at least restate what was said in different words then just STFU

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridonkulous

05-26-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
besides the point is not in the members, it's in their judgement of who to ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the people that qualify to be in the "in" crowd are the same ones that are too dumb to figure out who to ignore on their own reconnoissance? I imagine that a lot of people who rode the short bus with me to school would qualify for that group.

In fact, that might be a good name for this elite group: "The Short Bus."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called the "tard cart". Please.

kyro
05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This forum seemed to go downhill around the exact time OOTers found a female poster to drool/give attention/create drama around.

[/ QUOTE ]

before she arrived. it was a male poster named el diablo.

Clarkmeister
05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Is this High School now?

drexah
05-26-2005, 12:05 PM
why would you need to band together to ignore a 'set group' of users...? why don't you just ignore the people you don't want to listen to, and everyone else can do the same.

GuyOnTilt
[ QUOTE ]
Is this High School now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this is fun!

GoT

DireWolf
This sounds like a good idea.

I think the next logical step would be to set up a task force and "eliminate" any unwanted posters.

Then we would have a cleansed and pure OOT once again.

offTopic
05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
Why are you "submitting a plan"? Why don't you just PM who you perceive to be the cool people, and whoever is in agreement can band together and assemble the common ignore list?

Let the rest of us know how it's working out for you.

tbach24
05-26-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This sounds like a good idea.

I think the next logical step would be to set up a task force and "eliminate" any unwanted posters.

Then we would have a cleansed and pure OOT once again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps OP meant "**A Plan for Cleansing of OOT"

texaspimp
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
This is in the top five best threads ever!!! I haven't laughed this much in weeks.

This topic should have been cross-posted on the psych forum.

Wow!

TPimp &lt;-- now afraid to assign a sig for fear of banishment.

groo
05-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the laughs!!!
It is supposed to be funy, right?

What this forum really needs is more pix of your girlfriend /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jeez, talk about losing perspective. this is freaking OOT. it exists as a sump. It's on a poker forum and was created in an effort to reduce noise on the on-topic forums (the poker ones since, once again, this is 2+2). regardless of how intelligent, witty or enlightening you think an individual post is, it's just noise if it's not about poker.
the stepford mentality that Rounder was complaining about seven years ago obviously permeates more than just the poker content here.

[/ QUOTE ]

M2d, don't worry man, you rule - I'll get you in!!!!!

offTopic
05-26-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this High School now?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

Slam Book!

M2d
my heart would break if I was only accepted because I rode in on blue latex coattails.

beerbandit
[ QUOTE ]
**A Plan for Cleaning Up OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

this big ass thread seems to be helping

Ulysses
05-26-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this High School now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, Clarky, don't worry bro, you are ON THE LIST!!!!!!

Boris
05-26-2005, 12:24 PM
You basically called Buster's girl an ugly slut. That is flat out [censored] like. You talk about morals and manners and what not and then you go and violate one of the most basic rules of civil behavior. The first being never criticize a person in front of their kids and the second is never make fun of someones's signigicant other to their face.

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Moderation is the only real way to clean up OOT. As far as objections about how moderation could ever be "fair," my suggestion is: who cares?

If there were one or more moderators that had a common idea of what is acceptable, and a vested interest in seeing the forum well-run, then they could do whatever they wanted. Start a stupid thread, and it gets deleted. Whine about it or stick the same thing up again, your post again gets deleted, and you get banned from OOT.

When there's a clear idea of how a forum should be - what is unacceptable and what is desireable - and there are moderators with a vested interest in seeing that forum become/stay that way, draconian discipline is the only way to go. Unfortunately, this lack of vision is the biggest hurdle to OOT ever being a manageable entity.

jack spade23
Terrible idea. An elitist group of online posters....god......I want in.

Boris
Los Feliz Slim is a funny dude.

Boris
05-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I hate to break this to you bro but you're going to be ostracized long before BusterStacks.

Alobar
05-26-2005, 12:39 PM
I think this is a pretty dumb idea (and im not just saying this cuz I didnt make the list), but with a group of people that small, why not just abondon OOT altotogher and start your own private message board somewhere? Its not like having two broswer tabs open is all that hard.

The way you propose you are still going to have the same OOT its just you few people wont be talking to the majority of the people who post here. You will still have to wade through all the crap. And its not like it will make anyone stop posting in OOT since there are way more people who post in OOT than who are on the list, no one is going to suddenly feel ignored and go "man OOT is a waste of time, I get no responses" and leave.

jojobinks
05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
i hardly ever post here. i volunteer to be blacklisted, though. in fact, is it possible to make it so i can't see any of your posts?

this is the lamest thread ever...way lamer than any stick it in her pooperfest.

kerssens
05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Not on the list...woe is me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

KungFuSandwich
05-26-2005, 12:43 PM
I think Towelie should be on the list of moderators.

Boris
05-26-2005, 12:50 PM
No. In Highschool your status or clique membershis was determined largely by skin color and how much money your parents made.

In OOT you just have restrain yourself a little bit and think about whether or not the world really needs to hear about your particular thought.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Towelie should be on the list of moderators.

[/ QUOTE ]

And maybe Gordon Bombay and one of the Jesus Freaks for the other two.

tbach24
05-26-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In Highschool your status or clique membershis was determined largely by skin color and how much money your parents made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be really old.

shemp
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, with all the replies, this thread looks important, but for obvious reasons, I'm having a tough time figuring out why. Could somebody tell me what all the fuss is about?

tbach24
05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
First 80-100 posts were "I want in"/"Awesome idea" followed by a mix of "I want in"/"This is retarded" followed by the counter culture's dominance.

Boris
05-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Ha! compared to you that is very, very true. I'm almost 33. Don't worry buddy, it's not that bad.

MEbenhoe
05-26-2005, 01:04 PM
1. sure what the hell, heck I'm surprised I even made your list

2. No one on ignore

3. gonores and schneids if they havent been mentioned yet.

shemp
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Beg your pardon?

Bob Moss
05-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Someday you'll grow up and realize what a fool you're being.

Bob

(I haven't read this thread, but I can only imagine that I'm not the first to say this.)

Phoenix1010
05-26-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I agree that he was a giant tool, an exact double of the world's biggest tool pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have nothing against Mr. Stacks. I just thought this was funny.

Separated at birth? (http://img219.echo.cx/my.php?image=separatedatbirth9wr.png)

Interesting resemblance to the essence of douchebag: Oliver (http://santorakidd.tripod.com/id14.html)

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 01:18 PM
so, all you knee jerk reactionists who are comparing buster to hitler and what not, are you going to actually respond to my arguments, or was something that consists of more than 8 words and didnt involve anal sex beyond your comprehension?

You are making sensationalist statements, most of which happen to be completely inaccurate. You are also maing it much easier to highlight the people i think should not only be ignored, but should probably also be euthanized to spare the gene pool the tragic burden of watching you procreate.

(there, thats fairly hitler-esque, now, when you continue to ignore my logical, thought-out post, and respond to this one, at least you will be partially correct. your welcome.)

peace

john nickle

kyro
05-26-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Highschool your status or clique membershis was determined largely by skin color and how much money your parents made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be really old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 21. Still existed 3 years ago.

kyro
05-26-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so, all you knee jerk reactionists who are comparing buster to hitler and what not, are you going to actually respond to my arguments, or was something that consists of more than 8 words and didnt involve anal sex beyond your comprehension?

You are making sensationalist statements, most of which happen to be completely inaccurate. You are also maing it much easier to highlight the people i think should not only be ignored, but should probably also be euthanized to spare the gene pool the tragic burden of watching you procreate.

(there, thats fairly hitler-esque, now, when you continue to ignore my logical, thought-out post, and respond to this one, at least you will be partially correct. your welcome.)

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of the people feel the same way about a lot of these useless posters as you, and BS, and daryn. They just feel there's a much better wa to go about dealing with it.

Justin A
05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I agree that he was a giant tool, an exact double of the world's biggest tool pic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Separated at birth? (http://img219.echo.cx/my.php?image=separatedatbirth9wr.png)

Interesting resemblance to the essence of douchebag: Oliver (http://santorakidd.tripod.com/id14.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're dumb.

vanirra rice
05-26-2005, 01:29 PM
You have big ears and your girlfriend is fat, so it's not surprising that you want to ignore so many people.

DireWolf
05-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I agree that there is a lot of noise in this forum.

Who is this "WE" u mention so often in your post, and who elected this "WE" to have more power than anyone else.

I don't post that often in OOT, I have never said "stick it in your pooper", and i agree this sub-forum could be better, But i don't agree that this is the way to go about changing it. It just feels wrong to me, I dunno.

Also, I fail to see how this helps clean up OOT:

[ QUOTE ]
How the [censored] are you going to not be in vegas for the 2+2 love fest? What the [censored] is wrong with you? Seriously dude.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Phoenix1010
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. I found it amusing, shame that you did not. It's a good thing I don't care.

mmbt0ne
05-26-2005, 01:33 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Woe is my ignored ass.

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that there is a lot of noise in this forum.

Who is this "WE" u mention so often in your post, and who elected this "WE" to have more power than anyone else.

I don't post that often in OOT, I have never said "stick it in your pooper", and i agree this sub-forum could be better, But i don't agree that this is the way to go about changing it. It just feels wrong to me, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

buts thats exectly my point. We are not creating an elite to moderate this forum. We, as a group of people who mutually find each other to be enjoyable company, are creating a self-limiting group that will limit its exposure to what we deem to be undesirable elements within OOT. We have no power to moderate, nor can we induce some sort of police state action. We have no power thats isnt given to anyone else, we are just choosing to use that power in a means that hopefully makes a statement about what we want OOT to be.

peace

john nickle

Boris
05-26-2005, 01:38 PM
i agree with everything you said. please don't put me out of my misery.

GuyOnTilt
05-26-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

buts thats exectly my point. We are not creating an elite to moderate this forum. We, as a group of people who mutually find each other to be enjoyable company, are creating a self-limiting group that will limit its exposure to what we deem to be undesirable elements within OOT. We have no power to moderate, nor can we induce some sort of police state action. We have no power thats isnt given to anyone else, we are just choosing to use that power in a means that hopefully makes a statement about what we want OOT to be.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Pretty much what he said.

GoT

jojobinks
05-26-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of the people feel the same way about a lot of these useless posters as you, and BS, and daryn. They just feel there's a much better wa to go about dealing with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i first read cnfzzed post in a very quick way, and felt i had the gist of it. then, as quoted above, he indicated that i might get more out if it if i reread it. i tried, but i'm sorry to say i didn't.

the big points i got:
1)if i don't like it, that's tough
2)we like each other, but not you
3)we're the older siblings, and we don't want to play with the littl ekids anymore
4)you aren't funny, and i don't like you
5)"our" oot is what's important

i'm sorry i missed all these points the first time through, john. good luck in your circlejerk.

really, guys, if this is just about an ignore list, go for it. that's all it is, right? so why does it need to be a uniform ignore list? the answer is, you want identical lists, so that you can all be really super great friends.

cnfzzed: are we ignoring jojobinks?
busta: yeah, dude, didn't you know?
cnfzzed: okeydokey, i knew that. just wanted to know if you knew. &lt;cnfzzed hustles to get jojobinks on ignore&gt;

DeezNuts
05-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm not surprised at the high school/college posters advocating this, but the older posters.....that's pathetically sad.

[ QUOTE ]
why not just abondon OOT altotogher and start your own private message board somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the problem with this idea?

DN

DireWolf
05-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Allright, put that way it sounds better.
Here are a couple questions i would have.
1)What do new posters do. Granted, most of the times they don't seem that great, but everyone was new at one time or another.
2)Say the group doesn't like Dead's posts. So they ignore him. But he realizes this, and promises to reform and post Goot. Do we accept him now. This is what i don't like. Basically we are wiping out all the diversity of the site, since no one will really read the non-members post. Or am i misunderstanding this?

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not surprised at the high school/college posters advocating this, but the older posters.....that's pathetically sad.

[ QUOTE ]
why not just abondon OOT altotogher and start your own private message board somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the problem with this idea?

DN

[/ QUOTE ]

i enjoy the fact that its pretty much the post-college aged members who *are* advocating this, and the high-school/college peeps who seem to be totally against it. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Allright, put that way it sounds better.
Here are a couple questions i would have.
1)What do new posters do. Granted, most of the times they don't seem that great, but everyone was new at one time or another.
2)Say the group doesn't like Dead's posts. So they ignore him. But he realizes this, and promises to reform and post Goot. Do we accept him now. This is what i don't like. Basically we are wiping out all the diversity of the site, since no one will really read the non-members post. Or am i misunderstanding this?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)New posters would still be read. While it would be completely up to the group to make a decision, i imagine there would have to be somewhat of a history of poor posting habits to make the list. We all make silly posts from time to time. What bothers some of us so much is that there are some who contribute nothing to this forum except one-liners that never even started being funny.

2) Sooner or later, the message would get through that said poster has reformed. There will be people who choose to reform, and im sure we will find out about it. Also, This is a problem of the ignore function, not the idea buster presented. Im convinced that in time, any poster who doesnt deserve to be on our list wouldnt be.

peace

john nickle

tbach24
05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be really old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 21. Still existed 3 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be where you're from. I lived in a very liberal town and basically there was no rhyme or reason as to why a person was in the popular clique.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Must be where you're from. I lived in a very liberal town and basically there was no rhyme or reason as to why a person was in the popular clique.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. You never cracked the code. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Voltron87
05-26-2005, 01:58 PM
This is a terrible idea. It isn't close.

What's wrong with just ignoring people you think are stupid/immature? Why do you need some membership group? The membership part is so ridiculous I don't even have to talk about it. Complaining about an internet forum going downhill? Are you [censored] kidding me? And making this up to fix it? bwhwhwahhaaaaa.

im ready for busterstacks to come in and say "ok it was all a joke". please do.

Shajen
05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Then there are those of us that fall in the "I'd like for OOT to be better but this probably isn't the way" camp.

I dunno. This is a very amusing thread. Seems people either agree with Buster or think he's being a huge peckerhead. Buster ok in my book. I don't know him and he doesn't know me.

I'm indifferent to the whole thing. I just don't want to be one of the "noise" creators.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't want to be one of the "noise" creators.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the fact that I'm one of the largest offenders yet I create &lt;1 new thread/day on average.

Oski
05-26-2005, 02:02 PM
If I understand the idea correctly, I believe many here are overreacting.

It seems to me that B.S. and his friends (for lack of better terminology) already have an idea of whose posts they wish to pay attention to. They have been here long enough to know which posters they like/dislike (or those who contribute little else but "noise.")

Accordingly, this group will develop an inside "ignore list" which will serve to have the posters excluded from this list to be ignored wholescale. The desired effect would be that those contributing noise will pack their bags and move on because they will not be getting the attention they crave/require.

The "inside" group has a right to use the forum as they wish, just as much as anyone else. If they wish to attempt to get rid of extraneous/unimportant posts and posters, that is their perogative.

I don't see where any posters are going to be formally banned or stopped from posting. ... its just that this group has made a declaration that these posters will be ignored until they go away.

I am interested to see how this works. It either will serve to have the fringe/gimmick posters die on the vine, or it will cause some (or more than some) to react by hyper-posting.

Who knows?

The simple fact is that this forum is growing exponentially, and you are going to lose the small-group familiarity.

Oh well, such as it goes.

cnfuzzd
05-26-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't want to be one of the "noise" creators.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the fact that I'm one of the largest offenders yet I create &lt;1 new thread/day on average.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw jake, i enjoy most of your posts, and dont have you on ignore.

peace

john nickle

beckham9
05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Whats to stop someone who gets blacklisted from just creating a new account and doing the same thing? What about a possible backlash to this effort?

ttleistdci
05-26-2005, 02:08 PM
So basically you wanna turn a free, unmoderated internet forum into some exclusive club in which only a select few have the right to post and be heard.

Right...

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats to stop someone who gets blacklisted from just creating a new account and doing the same thing? What about a possible backlash to this effort?

[/ QUOTE ]

WeeklyNameGuy#1
WeeklyNameGuy#2
WeeklyNameGuy#3

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 02:11 PM
I think the idea is kind of silly as well, but...

[ QUOTE ]
So basically you wanna turn a free, unmoderated internet forum into some exclusive club in which only a select few have the right to post and be heard.

Right...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see what's so good about unmoderated, or so bad about only a few having the right to post and be heard. Its not like that's a "right" anyways, nor should it be. Its a privilege that can be revoked, although that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

razor
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose the idea is not horrible... since many of the 'quality' posters are apparently not quite smart enough to simply stop reading and responding to crappy posters/threads.

contentless
05-26-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Really like Oski said, I think most are misunderstanding the idea. No new posters will be discriminated against. It's an inclusive club that excludes certain posters, not the other way around. Just because the actual club is only a handful of posters, doesn't mean that the rest of the forum is losing something; all they're doing is acknowledging who to ignore. They'll won't be ignoring the vast majority. It's not as if they're petitioning Mat for +v status (IRC). The majority of us that aren't included won't notice a thing. We'll go on our merry way, although Buster might not hear us.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the idea is kind of silly as well, but...

[ QUOTE ]

Right...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see what's so good about unmoderated, or so bad about only a few having the right to post and be heard. Its not like that's a "right" anyways, nor should it be. Its a privilege that can be revoked, although that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Mason and those with Mason given rights can do what they want. No beef from me. But limiting it to a few hand-picked posters defeats the point of a forum. In addition, if it were limited to just a few oot would be an incredibly boring place.

pshreck
05-26-2005, 02:19 PM
To any of the people that actually go through with this: I have a feeling this will be one of the most embarassing things you have done.

Admit that you just got a little caught up in the ego inflation by being put on the list.

Most ironic thing is that BusterStacks created the list, and I suppose he thinks he should be on it for some reason? I saw some other posts examining that same joke, I agree with you.

Goodluck guys with your new society.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least someone got it. Anyway, there was a good chance of this turning into a big flame fest and it looked like it did. If nothing else, this thread was a good conversation peice.

RunDownHouse
05-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Right, but notice I chose to emphasize revoking priveleges, not granting them. Its not "hand-picking" posters, its weeding out those who make it so painfully obvious they deserve to be banned from posting in OOT.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 02:21 PM
actually pshreck, did you read the part where I said I wouldn't even expect be on the list? Looks like more than a few skipped that part.

GuyOnTilt
05-26-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least someone got it. Anyway, there was a good chance of this turning into a big flame fest and it looked like it did. If nothing else, this thread was a good conversation peice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our mighty leader has fallen! Who will rise to take his place!

GoT

Soul Daddy
[ QUOTE ]
The majority of us that aren't included won't notice a thing. We'll go on our merry way, although Buster might not hear us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. I don't know why everyone is getting so twisted about this premise, but it is an incredibly amusing spazzathon.

Basically, this is a win-win. The members of this proposed club get whatever benefits they see coming from it, and everyone else is spared "OOT is not as good as it once was" posts.

GuyOnTilt
[ QUOTE ]

I agree. Mason and those with Mason given rights can do what they want. No beef from me. But limiting it to a few hand-picked posters defeats the point of a forum. In addition, if it were limited to just a few oot would be an incredibly boring place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. You don't get it, do you?

GoT

chaas4747
05-26-2005, 02:24 PM
The only reason one should be banned is if they are in violation of the user agreement. If you simply do not like what they have to say, put them on your ignore list.

Justin A
05-26-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. I found it amusing, shame that you did not. It's a good thing I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're dumb because the comparison has already been covered, and by Buster himself. The douchebag pictures are the reason he posted the pics of himself in the first place.

Towelie
05-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Come on people, can't we all just light up a J and get along?

SuitedSixes
05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
A few months back, on the 1-Table Tournaments forum we had a situation where one poster basically stole $500 from another poster. The regulars there put the douchebag on ignore and he just kept creating accounts that were eventually discovered and ignored. By about the fourth alias it just became too much effort to try and catch every new alias. I see a similar situation developing here.

/66s who wasn't cool in Jr. High because he didn't have a guy playing polo on his shirt.

pshreck
05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually pshreck, did you read the part where I said I wouldn't even expect be on the list? Looks like more than a few skipped that part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in your original post did you say this?

Phoenix1010
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you're dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're dumb because the comparison has already been covered, and by Buster himself. The douchebag pictures are the reason he posted the pics of himself in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for him. Excuse me for not keeping up with OOT as much as you seem to. Zee's post was the first time I'd seen the comparison, and I thought it was amusing. Not dumb, just behind the OOT times.

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was not in the original post, it was in one of the early replies.

pshreck
05-26-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was not in the original post, it was in one of the early replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

"LOL"...

Alobar
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

So just go start a new forum somewhere, seems like a simple solution.

What im starting to wonder is, if maybe you guys dont actually believe in the "We, as a group of people who mutually find each other to be enjoyable company" bit, and really just want to stay here in OOT and have OOT change, because that way you can feel really cool in your elite club in front of all of the other thousands of posters who post on 2+2, whereas if you started a private forum somewhere and enjoyed each others company, no one would care about you guys and thats not as satisfying to the ego.

note: this isnt directed at you specifically cnfuzzd, I think you kickass, however I think it sums up quite a few people who are debating in this thread.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
Right, but notice I chose to emphasize revoking priveleges, not granting them. Its not "hand-picking" posters, its weeding out those who make it so painfully obvious they deserve to be banned from posting in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that there is no common belief on who this is. My opinions differ from yours. My sense of humor is different than yours. This isn't Japan. We aren't a homogenous society here that all think alike. So maybe i think you should be banned. Maybe you think I should be. The point is that Mason &amp; Co. have wisely avoided being dictators or some kind of end deciders of who's not cool enough. So who decides? Why should anyone else's opinion matter?

BusterStacks
05-26-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PWN3d.