PDA

View Full Version : Check-calling top two from the SB

TreyOfLight
05-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Only a few hands with villain, but he's up a buyin and has won every hand he's shown down. He limps a lot of pots but seems to be a thinking, cautious player.

Preflop, I usually don't raise this much, but I was getting lots of action from my PF raises and don't enjoy AKo oop with a large field. Postflop, TT and JJ seemed like the only plausible drawing hands so I was willing to give up a free card. I also didn't want to scare off AQ.

I would (normally) never play it like this, but then good players aren't known for calling 8BB raises cold and my spideysense was tingling.

What do you think of this line?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

6-handed, Hero has $23 and BB has him covered.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.1. CO posts a blind of $0.35.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO checks, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.9</font>, BB calls $1.75, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($4.85) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($8.85) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($12.85) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls $7.

Final Pot: $26.85

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad Kc (two pair, aces and kings).
BB has Ks Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: BB wins $26.85. </font>