PDA

View Full Version : What would some raise with on this flop ?

theredpill5
05-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Villain was in BB with $25
Hero just sat down. About 5th hand at table

Hero has AK in LP
Folded around
Hero raises to $1
SB calls
BB calls

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif pot=3
SB checks
BB checks
Hero bets $3
SB folds
BB raises to $6

Thought about it for a second.
Then he said "I have 22 " .
I folded.

Just wonder what he would have raised me like that on flop with . That's such a strange raise. It doesn't protect his hand against anything. I'm not saying villain is very good. I still have no idea. I basically made a decision whether I wanted to go through with the hand right there so I folded. He left with a $60 stack. He did some rather dumb things, though. Actually, next he reraised all-in preflop with TT for about $30. He won.

I put Villain on QJ or KJ here . Or maybe T 9. I saw that he really wasn't calling that many raises.

30 hands
Villain
40 % VPIP / 8 % PFR

kurto
05-26-2005, 02:52 AM
There are so many different hands on that flop that he could raise you with, its impossible to put him on a hand. this is a pretty frightening flop. If the villian is the type to raise with a legitimate hand OR a draw, I could see:

AK (with or without clubs), Ax suited in clubs, A10, KQ, KJ, JQ, 9-10, KK, QQ, JJ, pocket Aces, pocket 10s, AJ suited (both clubs), 10J, 10Q, 10K... I'd say that covers it.

I also wouldn't buy that he had pocket 2s.

Without a good read, I don't think a fold here is terrible. There are so many hands that people play that could have really hit that flop.

The scary thing is there are only 3 cards that could hit that you're going to feel really secure with, and that's the 3 non club 10s.

theredpill5
05-26-2005, 03:12 AM
Better to fold on flop than on river after putting in about $10.

Another hand that bothered me. It was the beginning of the day.

I had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG

Everyone folded to SB and BB.
.10/.25 NL

Hero limps UTG
fold around
BB raises to 50 cents
Hero calls
SB folds

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (I think)
Villain bet 75 cents
Hero calls

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif pot = 3
Villain checks
Hero bets $2
Villain calls

River: Can't remember
Villain bets $2
Hero raises to $5
Villain raises to $8
Hero calls

How do you play this ? I was planning on calling the flop then raising him on the turn but you can see that he checked the turn. I didn't feel completely comfortable raising the river.

I think I should have raised on the flop to like $5 probably but I might have actually lost more because I would have felt almost pot committed to it at that point I think. How did I play it ?

kurto
05-26-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I should have raised on the flop to like $5 probably but I might have actually lost more because I would have felt almost pot committed to it at that point I think. How did I play it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely should have raised the flop. If there's a flush draw, make him pay for it. Also, you just plain want to get more money if you can.

Betting the turn is fine. There's a good chance you're ahead.

On the river, I don't know about the river reraise. This is a way ahead way behind situation. (I assume there wasn't a flush on the board since you would probably have remembered if the river was a club.) Clearly a fullhouse is possible.