PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Gordon at Wrigley

Eurotrash
05-26-2005, 01:24 AM
STADIUM??

Did anybody see the highlight of Gordon singing Take me Out to teh Ballgame at Wrigley and getting booed mercilessly for calling it Wrigley Stadium?

It was pretty damn funny, I'm surprised there hasn't been a post on this (hopefully I won't be linked to the one started yesterday)

Matt24
05-26-2005, 01:35 AM
I thought the Cubs fans were pretty dumb to boo, but I hate most Cubs fans with a passion, not most of the Cubs fans who actually go to the games, but all the ones who showed up on campus 2 yrs ago when they were making the playoff run. Bandwagoners make me sick

Ianco15
05-26-2005, 01:49 AM
Go Cubs!!! Wait... they're not doing that well. Umm... go White Sox!!!

eric5148
05-26-2005, 01:49 AM
I saw the highlight. It seemed to me like they started booing about 1/3 of the way into the song because he didn't know the words and was waaaaay off key. I didn't hear the Wrigley Stadium part.

I always hated the stupid song. When I was little, I always plugged my ears when Harry sang.

tinga81
05-26-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anybody see the highlight of Gordon singing Take me Out to teh Ballgame at Wrigley and getting booed mercilessly for calling it Wrigley Stadium

[/ QUOTE ]

I was too busy laughing at his poor performance of the 7th inning stretch to notice him call it Wrigley Stadium.

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the Cubs fans were pretty dumb to boo, but I hate most Cubs fans with a passion, not most of the Cubs fans who actually go to the games, but all the ones who showed up on campus 2 yrs ago when they were making the playoff run. Bandwagoners make me sick

[/ QUOTE ]

it's ok to be bitter, considering you're a Reds fan. we know how great you guys are, pfft.

you'll get your chance .. in 20 or so years.

Drac
05-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Yeah, because it's been soooo long since the Reds have won the series. Only three times in my lifetime while the Cubs, boy, they've won it at least...hmmmm, since I'm not 80 years old I'm going to have to say they've never won it in my lifetime.

tinga81
05-26-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, because it's been soooo long since the Reds have won the series. Only three times in my lifetime while the Cubs, boy, they've won it at least...hmmmm, since I'm not 80 years old I'm going to have to say they've never won it in my lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop living in the past.

Ianco15
05-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Listening to a Cubs fan make fun of any other baseball team is grounds for laughter.

Lazymeatball
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I thought the whole point about being a Cubs fan was not caring whether they win or lose, but just enjoying it for whatever reason.

eric5148
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the whole point about being a Cubs fan was not caring whether they win or lose, but just enjoying it for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrigley Field is a place people go to be seen, not a place to see baseball.

crosse91
05-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Cubs suck. plain and simple. Cubs suck.

The4Aces
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Neither the reds or the cubs have a chance this year.

DiamondDave
05-26-2005, 03:21 PM
An old friend of mine always had the worst things to say about Jeff Gordon. I never understood why. Now I do.

Edginator
05-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I was at the game and messing up the 7th inning stretch is a big deal. They bring him in, he throws out the first pitch like a bitch and doesn't even know the words to the song? How could he NOT get booed???