PDA

View Full Version : Blind help (this time I've got the image)

pokaplayer
05-26-2005, 01:17 AM
I've been consistently getting killed in the blinds and wanted to see if my problem is fundamental. I know this is a very small sample size, but I've had similar stats for a month now, only these stats reflect more of an effort to get to showdown/defend more. And yes, I'm still trying to go to showdown more out of the bb. But does anyone see anything that looks funky? These are from 5/10 6max.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/pokaplayer/posstats.gif

billyjex
05-26-2005, 04:01 AM
you should post your defended BB and SB to steal stats. that would help an analyis a lot more.

pokaplayer
05-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Folded SB to Steal 73
Folded BB to Steal 62

TStoneMBD
05-26-2005, 09:09 AM
youre should be defending your bb more often. somewhere around 40-50%. other than that, its hard to give you the insta-fix on how to do better out of the blinds with the info you gave me.

krishanleong
05-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Sample size is small. I'd complete less in the SB, defend way less in the SB. You look like you raise in the sb and bb too much.

Krishan

pheasant tail (no 18)
05-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Don't know if this gets at the problem, but my #'s are much better: BB (0.09) and SB (0.06) and here are the differences btw. our stats. (Keep in mind that I have less than 10K hands in database)

I only fold BB to steal 37.58% and 80% SB, with the 2/5 structure, I think it is correct to be really tight in the SB, like you do. You seem to be giving up too much equity in your BB.

My vpip in BB is 33.64% (yours 21.54).

Your win% at showdown is a little higher than mine in the BB.

Perhaps you need to play a little trickier in the BB. When Someone is stealing too frequently, I often call w/ weak holdings (eg. Q 9, even 85) and play very aggressivel after flop if I catch anything or if I sense weakness. Remember, when someone folds 60%+ of steals you can show a profit by always stealing even if you never win a hand that is called PF. (Sklansky wrote a good article about thi I think in the Y2K version of HPFAP) If you are going to defend so conservatively, It is imperative that you 3-bet often. I like to just call a lot and see what develops.

Our PF stats are similar in the SB (you vpip 37.77, me 36.07) but I lose only 1/3 as much. My won at SD is 47% and yours is 53%. That leads me to believe that you could steal a lot more pots that hit neither of you. Somebody's gonna get the money and often it is the first bettor. Your went to SD # is 3% higher than mine. Also, I tend to call more (I'm sure when HU w/ BB) as my PFR is 12.5 and yours is 14.33. I often just call in the sb and see what develops before I make a plan. I am not thrilled about being out of positio and in the lead, but it is opponent dependent. I hate to have to hit a flop and would much rather try to determine if it hit my opponent and play accordingly.

I know this is a jumbled mess, but I am sleep deprived. I hope it was somewhat useful. Read Ed Millers article in 2+2 magazine.

Good Luck,
PT