PDA

View Full Version : I raise

PokerBob
05-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Canterbury Park 15/30. Good game. My second stint at this limit.
Reads:
MP: Loose, bad old Asian dude. Not a calling station, but bad.
CO: LAGgy,very bad player. Has raised 40-50% of the pots he's entered. Any ace, sometimes worse. Cold calls with small soooted gappers. Bad. Me like him.
SB: No read.

I am UTG with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I limp, MP limps, CO raises, SB calls, BB calls, I call, MP calls.

Flop (5 players) (10SB)
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checks around.

Turn (5 players) (5 BB)
6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, BB folds, I raise...... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

SmileyEH
05-26-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't see the point. If this was HU it would be ok. But you have 2 players to act behind you and a player betting into 4 players. The chance you get a fold out of this are probably around 5% - ie; not enough for this semibluff to work.

-SmileyEH

PokerBob
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point. If this was HU it would be ok. But you have 2 players to act behind you and a player betting into 4 players. The chance you get a fold out of this are probably around 5% - ie; not enough for this semibluff to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a semi-bluff.

Steve Giufre
05-26-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it then?

PokerBob
05-26-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buying outs.

Steve Giufre
05-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Thats assuming those outs are live. Im not saying I hate it or anything, its just that the J and Q obviously wont always be good when you make one of them.

haakee
05-26-2005, 01:59 AM
I wouldn't. The pot is small, and he could have been trying to check-raise a king which he won't lay down, and you don't know that everybody behind you will fold.

PokerBob
05-26-2005, 01:35 PM
.....cuz I really like my play. Do you hate it?

johnnycakes
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I'd call.

Your raise isn't getting a better hand to fold, and I really doubt you're cleaning up outs. I think if they're going to fold, they'd do if for the one big bet.

PokerBob
05-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Canterbury Park 15/30. Good game. My second stint at this limit.
Reads:
MP: Loose, bad old Asian dude. Not a calling station, but bad.
CO: LAGgy,very bad player. Has raised 40-50% of the pots he's entered. Any ace, sometimes worse. Cold calls with small soooted gappers. Bad. Me like him.
SB: No read.

I am UTG with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I limp, MP limps, CO raises, SB calls, BB calls, I call, MP calls.

Flop (5 players) (10SB)
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

checks around.

Turn (5 players) (5 BB)
6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, BB folds, I raise, flds back to SB who calls.

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I bet, SB thinks and folds. My crazy play wins. Yeah for me.