PDA

View Full Version : Stupid preflop question regarding raises by very small stacks.

Alex/Mugaaz
05-26-2005, 12:46 AM
If there is a small stack with somewhere around 12-15bb and they make a 3-4 bb raise from mp2-3, is there any point to calling or raising with a hand like AJo or ATs?, specifically if you forsee there will be no other callers and the pot will be heads up.

Even with position on them I don't see a real way to outplay them postflop. They are almost pot committed from the get-go. Any marginal they hand is worth the rest of their stack, especially if they have something like a 4flush or oesd.

Also to add the frustration unless they are a nimrod they will usually have a stronger hand, I can't help but feeling that I'm calling with the worst of it and am agreeing to go all in with them as a dog.

I have trouble seeing what my line is here, appreciate any input.

kurto
05-26-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If there is a small stack with somewhere around 12-15bb and they make a 3-4 bb raise from mp2-3, is there any point to calling or raising with a hand like AJo or ATs?, specifically if you forsee there will be no other callers and the pot will be heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess it would matter what kind of hands they raise with.

If they're shortstacked because they're really bad and raise with crap, then by all means call them.

For bad players: they don't necessarily think about things like being pot committed. I've seen people with $10 stacks on a $50 table raise $3 and then fold to a $1 bet on the flop.

lol I guess the answer is 'it depends.'