PDA

View Full Version : Deals between players (cross posted)

AZK
05-26-2005, 12:01 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this...a friend and I are interested in coming up with some sort of deal for the NL game we primarily play in because it is so goddamn profitable and we both trust each others play. I think this works out best when we are at two different tables and doesn't work out as well when we are at the same table. At the same time, if it's the 2 of us and 8 fish, I want to have a deal with him because every hand either of us play stands to make me money in some way. What I mean is, I can't play every hand against bad players, neither can he. Together though we cover more ground.
What are some deals that you have used in the past/use now?
What works? What doesn't?
Is this stupid?

Other logic is it's a way of alleviating a loss if one of you is running good and the other bad, or if you both run bad/run good etc...

I'd just like to hear thoughts from those that have had experience with this and what reasonable deals are. Something like 10% win or lose? More or less? Different structures?

Thanks.

Dariel86
05-26-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, yes.

dealer_toe
05-26-2005, 10:13 AM
How can you cheat?

...can't help ya.

jman220
05-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Well if, as he says, they're playing at different "cash game" tables, then I don't see how its cheating, just profit-sharing. Pros are it reduces variance if both players really are good. (More hands, less variance, or am I off here?) Con is, if you're better than your friend, he's getting a better deal than you. But hey, all the pros own pieces of each other, so who knows.

dogmeat
05-26-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But hey, all the pros own pieces of each other, so who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AZK
05-26-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you cheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not cheating, it's like investing in something, only I am investing in someone.

turnipmonster
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM
it is very unethical to play at the same table with someone with whom you share a bankroll. the problem is there's lots of spots where you should fold if you and your friend are in a 3 way pot because you are on the same roll. the most +EV move to make is to fold, but now the 3rd guy isn't getting full value from his holding because you're making what you know is the most +EV decision. so essentially you have to either make suboptimal decisions or basically collude with another player.