PDA

View Full Version : 1st hand in the BB

Turk
05-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Party $11 1st hand so no reads. Hate the idea of this whole hand really, but here I am with two pair on the flop.
Should I be worried, I mean how often am I ahead here to a big ace?

Then the K on the turn so if I was ahead to AK ...no more....so how out of line was my turn bet? Pretty far I am suspecting now that I am going over the hand again.
But I couldn't see giving a free card here to a draw either..that somehow felt worse.
Half my chips in on the first hand, a hand I have zero confidence in....and.....what do I do if he pushes my check on the river. Auto fold, auto call? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t800)
Button (t800)
SB (t800)
Hero (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t15, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t105) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t100, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (t305) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, MP2 calls t250.

River: (t805) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: t

magicmntn
05-25-2005, 11:58 PM
he's got a crap ace. you have 2 pair. pooooshhhh

Phoenix1010
05-26-2005, 12:27 AM
I'd much rather check raise the flop. Your hand is vulnerable, play it as fast as you can and take it down. If you give the free card that kills you, a heart or a seven, no problem, you get away from the hand with nothing invested. If someone gets involved on the flop with a strong ace, you stack him. Leading the betting out of position with so many players in an unraised pot can get you in a lot of trouble.

On the turn, do not worry about AK. No one is limping MP and then flat calling the flop with AK, you're still either ahead of a middling ace, facing a flush draw, or chasing A7 or 77. You are definitely more likely to be ahead, and you're not likely to get a cheap showdown if you're behind. Ram it. I like the turn bet.

The way it played out, it's either push or check call on the river. Don't even think about getting away from this one. I like checking it, because that will give him a chance to bet out his missed flush draw or middle ace, while there's no way he's calling a push with either. If he had you beat from the start, or rivered his kicker, all the money is going in (or better yet, he'll value bet small, giving you a chance to save some chips). You're ahead way too often throughout the hand to afford not playing it strong.

-Phoenix