PDA

View Full Version : Racism-----For all races???

jack spade23
05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
My sister says that if someone is racist, they hate ALL "foreigners" or other races. Thats ALL mexicans, italians, blacks, canadians /images/graemlins/grin.gif , etc. I think that if someone is racist it is most likely directed at least consciously at one single race or country, for example just Native Americans or just French people.

I asked her whether or not this applies to religions as well. Does a KKK member hate all foreigners as well as jews and muslims? Or does he just hate black people? when Im bored i drift to these questions, so my curiousity as to everyone else's opinion is piqued (sp?)

nothumb
05-25-2005, 11:28 PM
The most common racism is directed against whatever 'other' people have available to them at a particular time.

For instance, European racism towards Africans really did not begin until around the 15th century, around the time enslaving people of one's own race became a bit un-Christian.

NT

Voltron87
05-25-2005, 11:30 PM
i think youre mixing up a supremicist and a racist.

Mars357
05-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Your sister is wrong. I only hate Mexicans...

jack spade23
05-25-2005, 11:35 PM
yea mars, i thought you were joking till i saw your location. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Monkeyslacks
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
This is a stupid question because you obviously know the answer and if you didn't, it's here: dictionary. (http://www.dictionary.com)

jack spade23
05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
I was asking for opinions on whether or not, in reality, racism entails more than just the segregation or discrimination of just ONE race. But i suppose the flippant, dick response you gave counts as an opinion. I wouldve been happier with a "stick it in her pooper." At least that had some comedic value (though it is declining)

Monkeyslacks
05-26-2005, 12:05 AM
My response, flippant or not, is that racism is:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Neither of these require that the discrimination requires the singling out of one race...

Chris Daddy Cool
05-26-2005, 12:12 AM
i HaTE aLL pEePS EqUaLLy.

somethingstupid
05-26-2005, 12:50 AM
for shizzle