PDA

View Full Version : NL player just got invited to 5/10 Limit Game

DaveduFresne
05-25-2005, 10:41 PM
I imagine there are threads on converting from being a no limit player to a limit player, but I was unable to find any. If someone could link me to a couple of threads that would be great.

I play mid limit no limit online for a living, so I'd say at my specialty I'm pretty good, but at limit I've hardly had any experience. I'm not expecting to go into this game and cut it up, I just don't want to lose a whole lot at it every week either.

So, any links on this or tips would be great. I do have a few books on limit, but they are Sklansky and I find them hard to read. Any suggestions on an easy book to get through? (I'm starting with the 5/10 game but if I do well in it may move to the 15/30 game), so a book that covers this range would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

David

NateDog
05-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Small Stakes Hold 'Em and Hold 'Em for Advanced Players.

Start with the pre-flop charts. You'll be finding different ways and reasons to play (or not play) certain hands.

They aren't easy reads, but not all that hard either. Play some micro-limit games. I've played up to 8/16 live, and taht game was just about as loose/soft as .5/1.00 at party, seriously.

Nate

DaveduFresne
05-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks Nate.