PDA

View Full Version : Is this OK?

greenage
05-25-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm such a dumbass at this game and have fallen low. Was this hand played OK?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (4.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.10 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

6th Street - (5.10 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

<font color="red">Check here? </font>

River - (7.10 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___raises
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls

Total pot: (11.10 BB)

bigredlemon
05-25-2005, 10:37 PM
looks fine to me

mscags
05-25-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't see any reason to check 6th

Michael Emery
05-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I dont see how you're a dumbass from this hand, it was played perfectly. There is no reason whatsoever to check sixth. Nicely done.

Mike Emery

greenage
05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Thank you, my confidence is shattered right now.

bigredlemon
05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, my confidence is shattered right now.

[/ QUOTE ]it seems like half of the stud posters are feeling that way from a bad run of cards. I'm taking a break to play holdem tonite myself, and I'm definetly not the only one. Everything will even out eventually.

greenage
05-25-2005, 11:01 PM
ty, needed that.

Andy B
05-26-2005, 03:19 AM
I play it the same every time.

Hauser_III
05-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Did seat 2 catch a double-gapper straight to beat you high? His starting three cards must have been bizarre. I'd say you played it fine.

greenage
05-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Total pot $5.55 | Rake $0.25

Seat 2: [5d Th Ts 6h 5c 9d Tc] (HI: a full house, Tens full of Fives)

Hero: [9h Ah As 3c 7d Kh 3h]

greenage
05-26-2005, 01:07 PM
As a side note, while this hand doesn’t show it, this table was sweet. It was like loose/weak. I’d never had so many scoops because my opponent(s) folded on 6th or 7th. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

After getting up a few BB, I went to play some $0.50/$1. After a total of four hours of play, I ended up with a $0.65 loss.

Four hours man, four hours. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

hurlyburly
05-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I think you played it fine.

I hate seeing wierd upcards play back at me.

somapopper
06-01-2005, 07:57 PM
anybody check call 7th? Thinking here is it might induce bluffs from middle pairs and stops a st8 or trips from waiting to the river to reraise.

BeerMoney
06-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Welcome to the forum!

defence18
06-01-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anybody check call 7th? Thinking here is it might induce bluffs from middle pairs and stops a st8 or trips from waiting to the river to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd check-call the river. When a board like that calls me down the entire way, I definately think they're drawing to a straight. My feeling is that if I bet and they didn't catch, they're not gonna pay me off (usually), but if I bet and they caught, I'm gonna lose 1 more BB. So it's an -EV play. That's the way I look at it. So I am almost always check-calling this. Other than that, you played it perfectly.

bigredlemon
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM
if villain reads Hero for just a low, he'd be correct to call the river with any pair.

Andy B
06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
T659 rainbow doesn't look like a straight to me. While anything's possible, assuming this opponent stinks, I would guess that he probably started with a pair of some description, and may have picked up a second pair along the way. It is very likely that Aces-up is good. I think you leave too much money on the table by checking the river.

SittingBull
06-02-2005, 06:43 PM
so what??
U played well and have NO control over the distribution of the cards. Keep playing the same way and UR "SUCK OUT" OPPOS. will provide u with some additional spending money and U will be laughing ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK. Once there was a player who said to a pro:"my A's keep getting cracked on the river,no matter how much I try to protect them. I feel like a dying cock roach. How sholuld I play them the next time?"
The pro said: Keep playing the SAME WAY.

\Nice play...
SittingBull