PDA

View Full Version : Its a Dog's Life, Part 2: Trip Report

RunDownHouse
05-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Part 1 here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2469513&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) , if you missed it and care.

Today I managed to scoot out of work over lunch and head over to the shelter and check out the contenders. Thanks to all who participated, even those that wasted their votes. Nightowl was my personal favorite, with Sasha running #2 and one of the female sheperds behind them.

Nightowl was rambunctious as hell, although he also seemed a bit skittish of my girlfriend and I. He was also shedding like a madman. I was covered in hair almost right away. Something that bothered me about Nightowl was that he seemed to have a real tendency to bite. He bit (in that puppy way) my girlfriend on the ear yesterday, and today he did it again, as well as biting me on the hand a couple times. Also, his tail is always up, so you see his butthole.

Sasha was more subdued. She's a little older and seems more laid back in general. She did show signs of playfulness. She's also taller and more slender than she looks in her pictures. Her hair is very short.

Miguel is one mean [censored] dog. If any of the other puppies came near his cage, he would growl menacingly and then bark. I guess he's bitter because he's so ugly.

Nibbles, surprisingly, was also pretty ugly. His head is all mushed flat, kind of like his face is always furrowed and squinting.

The shepherds were all pretty sleepy. They were very fuzzy and cuddly.

Sasha ended up being the pick.

http://www.lafspetadoption.com/images/sashau.jpg

If anyone wants to suggest names, feel free to do so. However, you will most likely be ignored, and I'll just name her "Luke" anyways.

Tron
05-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Good choice.

Are you allowed to change a dog's name?

Thythe
05-25-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants to suggest names, feel free to do so. However, you will most likely be ignored, and I'll just name her "Luke" anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout Luke?

Lazymeatball
05-25-2005, 10:22 PM
good pick. i voted for Nightowl, but based on the shedding alone he'd be a pain. If I were a more experienced puppy trainer I wouldn't have placed too much emphasis on playful puppy behavior, but as it is some thing a little more laid back makes sense.

I like how the visibility of the dog's butthole was a selling point.

GuyOnTilt
05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nibbles, surprisingly, was also pretty ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this is a lie.

PS. I heart Nibbles.

GoT

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Cute dog. May I be the first to say put it in her pooper?