PDA

View Full Version : "High maintenance"

gonores
05-25-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm having a semantics issue out here in Madtown, and OOT can solve it. Please give me your most precise definition for "high maintenance" as it pertains to describing women. Pay close attention to using words like "expects," "appreciates," "needs," "wants," etc.

Oh yeah, and for christ's sake, give the "pooper" replies a rest.

joshman1204
05-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Damnit I had a good pooper reply all ready to go and then I read your last line /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

tbach24
05-25-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and for christ's sake, give the "pooper" replies a rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you banning Jake from this thread?

scotty34
05-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Pretty well any girl that your friends can't stand.

gonores
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Because I am playing and reading 2+2 at the same time, and reading a "pooper" reply would piss me off so much it would put me on full-blown donkey-tilt.

whiskeytown
05-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I initially understood high maintenance to mean "costs a lot of money to keep happy"

used to refer to women who are generally pretty hot, and cost a lot of money/pampering to keep around and living in the lifestyle to which they're accustomed.

I have since learned that high maintenance can also refer to time committment as well - my former friend TK hooked up with his fiance, and he dropped off the planet - he has no money, but she expects every waking moment that he be at her beck and call -

but generally, I'd consider it to mean high cost babes -

RB

wacki
05-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Must drink malibu rum (or better) and can't drink beer.
2 good for late night taco bell.
A few drops of beer on dress a party = disaster.
Too classy to do a beer bong in college.
$5 wine (no matter how good it is) isn't good enough for her.
Basically remove all logic and practicality.

BWebb
05-25-2005, 10:27 PM
To me "high maintenance" refers to a girl who has to have your attention all the time. If you are out with a group of friends and you are not talking to her enough she gets mad at your. Or if she calls you and you do not answer or immediately call her back she starts giving you [censored]. Or you can't just chill at home together in seperate rooms reading or on the computer without having to let her know you are still there every ten minutes. Can you tell I was in a relationship with one for a long time until I realized what I was doing?

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 10:29 PM
she expects a phone call more than once a week.

1800GAMBLER
05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I had only ever heard this saying once before untill i sat down to a meal in a dull, typical english seaside town and there were 4 gay guys [awaits hot tub picture to be posted] chatting. The small gay guy screamed 'AND HE SAID I WAS HIGH MAINTENANCE!' then as dry and as emotionless as a gay guy can be, the other one said, 'is waking up every morning like waking up in a j lo video for you?'

All four left with arms around each other while an older guy coughed up his food in shock.

ThaSaltCracka
05-25-2005, 10:42 PM
she wants you to open the door for her, she doesn't like giving blow jobs, and she owns a small yippy dog.

gorie
05-25-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she wants you to open the door for her,

[/ QUOTE ]
just curious, why wouldn't you want to do this ?

ThaSaltCracka
05-25-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it was a joke, my mom raised me right.

Voltron87
05-25-2005, 10:48 PM
needs a lot money money, attention, etc.

gorie
05-25-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]it was a joke, my mom raised me right.

[/ QUOTE ]oh ok ! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
05-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Any woman who hates your favorite dive for cheap booze is high maintenance enough to be passed over.

Monkeyslacks
05-25-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"she wants you to open the door for her,"

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this custom has its roots in the time period before doorknobs were commonplace and women needed men to either figure out the complicated workings of said doorknobs or their strength in openging heavy doors. You all have evolved a bit since then.

jakethebake
05-25-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this custom has its roots in the time period before doorknobs were commonplace and women needed men to either figure out the complicated workings of said doorknobs or their strength in openging heavy doors. You all have evolved a bit since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

well they've gotten stronger anyway.

gorie
05-25-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
oh. good thing women are smart & strong now, just in case.

Monkeyslacks
05-25-2005, 11:08 PM
stick it in her pooper

gorie
05-25-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well they've gotten stronger anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
you always post too fast !

Monkeyslacks
05-25-2005, 11:10 PM
natural selection is taking care of that

gorie
05-25-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
also, do actually believe this ? i'm kinda thinking you like to make stuff up. which is fine, it got me thinking about things... like complicated doorknobs.

Monkeyslacks
05-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Here's my take on chivalry: it's a racket. Women used to work in the home and bake bread etc. Now they work in the workplace and vote. You used to get doors opened for you. It was a trade off. You all smartened up and realized you were getting a shitty deal and now we're on equal footing. I'm not opening your door just because you've got ovaries...

gorie
05-25-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my take on chivalry: it's a racket. Women used to work in the home and bake bread etc. Now they work in the workplace and vote. You used to get doors opened for you. It was a trade off. You all smartened up and realized you were getting a shitty deal and now we're on equal footing. I'm not opening your door just because you've got ovaries...

[/ QUOTE ]but what if it's really heavy and i am carrying a loaf of bread ?

ThaSaltCracka
05-25-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]but what if it's really heavy and i am carrying a loaf of bread ?

[/ QUOTE ] The only reasonable excuse is if the doorknob is really tricky, ya know, like the ones that have a handle, but don't say push or pull.

Monkeyslacks
05-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Homemade bread or store-bought?

gorie
05-25-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only reasonable excuse is if the doorknob is really tricky, ya know, like the ones that have a handle, but don't say push or pull.

[/ QUOTE ]
those always confuse me /images/graemlins/frown.gif i usually just stare at them until a guy walks by to help out.

seriously though, it's not like i know i can't open a stinkin' door myself. i'm not one to brag but, i do it all the time!! but sometimes my boyfriend will be nice and open it for me (though if he ever ran around the car to open the car door that'd be weird) and i always appreciate stuff like that. for a guy to act like that's something stupid to do , like their girl doesn't "deserve" that cuz she can do it herself, is pretty lame. perfect opportunity for a smack on the ass.

gorie
05-25-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

store-bought, unfortunately. i really love making homemade bread, but i've been very busy opening doors & stuff.

ThaSaltCracka
05-26-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
perfect opportunity for a smack on the ass.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah, nothing like spanking your broads ass. WHOSE YOUR DADDY!!!

eric5148
05-26-2005, 12:28 AM
Wtf dude? Your avatar just got fugly, and then lame. I liked Bahwin!

poker-penguin
05-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Basically, High Maintenance girls require lots of money and or attention.

They tend to throw hissy fits over very minor issues, are clingy and demanding, and generally are not worth the effort... unless they are super-hot.

Stuey
05-26-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

store-bought, unfortunately. i really love making homemade bread, but i've been very busy opening doors & stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight.
You don't have one in the oven atm,
because you been learning to open your backdoor? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LaggyLou
05-26-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To me "high maintenance" refers to a girl who has to have your attention all the time. If you are out with a group of friends and you are not talking to her enough she gets mad at your. Or if she calls you and you do not answer or immediately call her back she starts giving you [censored]. Or you can't just chill at home together in seperate rooms reading or on the computer without having to let her know you are still there every ten minutes. Can you tell I was in a relationship with one for a long time until I realized what I was doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. In general, "High maintenace" means she wants mroe than you can or are willing to give. Sometimes it's in material goods. Sometimes it's in attention/time.

NoTalent
05-26-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically remove all logic and practicality.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is standard for all women, not just high-maintenance ones.

M2d
05-26-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I am playing and reading 2+2 at the same time, and reading a "pooper" reply would piss me off so much it would put me on full-blown donkey-tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I ever find myself at the same table as you, I'm going to fill one of your threads with so many pooper jokes it'll make your head spin. thanks for the insight.

jakethebake
05-26-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bingo. In general, "High maintenace" means she wants mroe than you can or are willing to give. Sometimes it's in material goods. Sometimes it's in attention/time.

[/ QUOTE ]

or emotional committment. "I don't care what you think or feel, or where you think this relationship is going. Just shut up and put your damn ass in the air already!"

Freakin
05-26-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nailed it.

Freakin

Freakin
05-26-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. high maintenance
Requiring a lot of attention. When describing a person, high-maintenance usually means that the individual is emotionally needy or prone to over-dramatizing a situation to gain attention
Although he was a nice boy, his low self-esteem made him high-maintenance.
Source: A Gianotto (snipe), Nov 3, 2002

[/ QUOTE ]

Urbandictionary.com knows all.

Freakin

gorie
05-26-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight.
You don't have one in the oven atm,
because you been learning to open your backdoor? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. it wouldn't be so bad, except there is a door between the kitchen and the back door that is really heavy.

FishNChips
05-26-2005, 01:34 PM
if the phrase "I like it how I like it" ever escapes her lips...

Also "on the side" is very big for high maintenance girls