PDA

View Full Version : play this 2nd pair in unraised pot?

Walker
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
2/4 live

I limp UTG w 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3 limpers, blinds call

(6SB)flop: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked through to CO (donk who plays every hand, goes to river if he has any chance to draw out). I figure he has a T,4 or flush draw (maybe an OESD but I doubt he would bet this). This is obviously a raise or fold situation. Should I play it?

A_C_Slater
05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
No. This is different than a second pair situation. This is a pocket underpair situation. Getting aggressive with second pair is better in that you have 5 outs to improve where here you have only two. I fold.

I would much rather have A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif here than your hand.

Stuey
05-25-2005, 09:16 PM
I would check/fold.

If you raise you are very unlikely to improve. And with your read on this player there is a good chance you will have to goto a showdown.

Now think of which cards you don't want to see on the turn and the river?

No hearts, and no cards bigger than a T.

I don't understand the term well but I think this is reverse implied odds. I check/fold.

skoal2k4
05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
fold... Not only are you likely to go to a showdown with mediocre (sp?) hand that is probably beat, but you still have 4 others left to act after you're decision and you are out of position.

aK13
05-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Fold. Even if your hand is best now, theres 9238492384 overcards that can come.