PDA

View Full Version : How does a 1st hand double up affect your expected ROI for a SnG?

FatalError
05-25-2005, 08:54 PM
What is the expected return for a SnG if you double up first hand... what about triple up? does a standard 15% ROI 109 player have a 30% expected ROI after doubling, 45% after tripling?

I'd be interested to see if anyone actually had numbers on this, i'm going to start tracking them myself to see if i can get a big enough sample size to actually make some assumptions regarding the relative value of doubling early

tomdemaine
05-25-2005, 08:57 PM
In the early rounds the $ value of 1600 chips is probably less than twice the $ value of 800 for a good player. Thus the impetus to avoid obvious coinflips early on.

J-Lo
05-25-2005, 10:25 PM
this has been discused before. Some gifted people can turn an extra 800 chips in 2000 (gigabet). If u do the ICM of doubling up early you will see that doubling up in marginal situations you'll see it's not as good as you'd assume.

Moonsugar
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Since there is a cap on 1st place money a double up can never give you 2x your 'normal' ROI.

How much it actually changes your ROI will depend on the relative skill levels you have with a large stack and with a average stack.

But, I would expect the range of difference to be quite small.