PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Car in LA

Lazymeatball
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Has anyone ever done this before?
Has anyone ever picked up at one location and dropped off at another.
I'm going to be coming in to Union Station, want to find a place nearby to rent a car to get me to the Commerce, then to Santa Monica, then I want to drop it off at the airport and fly out of there.
So far the best location I've found is with Enterprise, but then I read something saying they don't specialize in one way rentals. Does picking up a car in downtown LA and then dropping it off at the airport count as one way. These websites are all completely useless so far.

Any help please.

private joker
05-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Enterprise will pick you up from Union Station and you can return it at LAX, but they might charge you a $50 drop fee for bringing it back to a different location. The only other option is returning it to the same place and taking a cab to LAX, but that will run about $30.

Just call the Enterprise location to ask if they charge a drop fee.

Ulysses
05-25-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever done this before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever picked up at one location and dropped off at another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Does picking up a car in downtown LA and then dropping it off at the airport count as one way. These websites are all completely useless so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. When they talk about one-way rentals, they are usually talking about renting in LA and driving it to San Francisco or Kansas or some $hit like that. I know Avis and Hertz have pickup/dropoff locations on their online res forms. If Enterprise doesn't, just call them to reserve and ask them. I'd be surprised if this was a problem or if there was any significant extra charge.

Lazymeatball
05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Just got off the phone with enterprise, and it sounds like they'll do everything I want. There is a $45 drop fee, but that isn't too bad bad.

The Stranger
05-25-2005, 09:08 PM
There's a place in Beverly Hills (on Wilshire I think) that rents exotic cars. Last few times I drove by there was a Vipor in their parking lot, FYI.

Ulysses
05-25-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just got off the phone with enterprise, and it sounds like they'll do everything I want. There is a $45 drop fee, but that isn't too bad bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too bad, but also kinda BS IMO. Oh well.

admo415
05-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Corner of Wilshire and Little Santa Monica...if you want to rent an Bently...