PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft - Who should go where?

ClaytonN
05-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Is there some sort of consensus on who the favorites are going into this draft?

Knowing Billy Knight, if Marvin Williams drops to #2 he will likely be taken by the Hawks. Otherwise they will take Bogut.

Popinjay
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Marvin Williams not Harrison

don't really know much about what's going to happen but I went to high school with Martell Webster

kerssens
05-25-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Marvin Williams not Harrison

don't really know much about what's going to happen but I went to high school with Martell Webster

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even realize Martell decided to enter the draft, I thought he was gonna play at least one year for UW.

Blackjack
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Chris Paul - Celtics...

PLEASE

mmbt0ne
05-25-2005, 09:00 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Is there some sort of consensus on who the favorites are going into this draft?

Knowing Billy Knight, if Marvin Williams drops to #2 he will likely be taken by the Hawks. Otherwise they will take Bogut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't HATE this pick, but we have other needs we have to address. Namely a point guard and a big man.

Best case scenario (assuming we don't trade down, which we won't) is probably get Marvin 2nd, and hope that Louis Williams drops to the 2nd round, and we can get him with the 1st pick there.

Otherwise, I'd rather just trade down, maybe get another 1st rounder next year, and draft Felton/Paul/D.Williams/Jack(if he stays in).

tbach24
05-25-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hakim Warrick - Celtics...

PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

mmbt0ne
Chris Paul - Celtics...

PLEASE

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance he makes it past Charlotte. He's a homtown boy, they love him, and could use a PG.

ClaytonN
I really hope Bogut drops to #2. If he does, Knight is snatching him up.

The Hawks have sucked for so long, but I love Billy Knight. This guy is rebuilding our team the right way. We'll be in the playoffs before I leave college, I'd like to think.

mmbt0ne
05-25-2005, 09:05 PM

The Hawks have sucked for so long, but I love Billy Knight. This guy is rebuilding our team the right way. We'll be in the playoffs before I leave college, I'd like to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we draft Bogut he'd make a great frontcourt with Priest Lauderdale and Jon Koncak.

kerssens
05-25-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we draft Bogut he'd make a great frontcourt with Priest Lauderdale and Jon Koncak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap...Jon Koncak is a name I haven't heard since TBS stopped broadcasting Hawks games.

WEASEL45
05-25-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We'll be in the playoffs before I leave college, I'd like to think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if you're 12

gvibes
05-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Deron Williams will be the first pg taken.

holeplug
05-25-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he won't. Chris Paul will go before him.

DukeSucks
05-25-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No chance he makes it past Charlotte. He's a homtown boy, they love him, and could use a PG.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably won't even make it that far. Charlotte is definately taking a PG, probably Williams if he's still there.
Although I'd like to see Felton stay close to home. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

diddle
05-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Marvin Williams........

Did anybody not see the way he sucked it up in the final game? He was a total liability on offense and defense. Looked like he was wearing boxing gloves out there.

Someone tell me why all the hype around this guy.

mmbt0ne
05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Marvin Williams........

Did anybody not see the way he sucked it up in the final game? He was a total liability on offense and defense. Looked like he was wearing boxing gloves out there.

Someone tell me why all the hype around this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the 36 games before that and the high school career that would've made him a lotto pick had he not gone to UNC. He's going to be good. Probably very good, and possibly perennial all-star good.

mmbt0ne
05-26-2005, 12:27 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

No he won't. Chris Paul will go before him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is a shame because he's not that good.

Clarkmeister
05-26-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He likely won't be, but he will have the best NBA career.

I was 2 inches from Bogut at my hotel for the Final Four. Dude is s-k-i-n-n-y. I've also stood next to Shaq and while no one is as big as Shaq, I can't fathom Bogut being ready physically to deal with the physical play in the NBA. I'd take Marvin #1.

holeplug
05-26-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He likely won't be, but he will have the best NBA career.

I was 2 inches from Bogut at my hotel for the Final Four. Dude is s-k-i-n-n-y. I've also stood next to Shaq and while no one is as big as Shaq, I can't fathom Bogut being ready physically to deal with the physical play in the NBA. I'd take Marvin #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Paul will be a better pro than Williams but I believe both will be very good. Williams I think will turn out to be a better version of Chauncey Billups but I think Paul will be the best PG in the NBA in 5-6 years.

Bogut looks like a shorter version Yao Ming. No upper body strength. Great passer. He just doesn't look like a superstar to me.

SomethingClever
05-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Whoever's got the longest rap sheet should clearly go #3, to the Blazers.

Obvious.

beckham9
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Blazers!!!!!

we are obvioulsy going to pass up a jordan like player and take another sam bowie.

but seriously who will end up with the blazers? we have damon and sebastian telfair who had a very promising rookie season. We need a quality 2 guard, or obviously a good center (never have too many of those)