PDA

View Full Version : Can you find a 3-bet against the TAG?

Kumubou
05-25-2005, 07:22 PM
I couldn't. /images/graemlins/frown.gif To me, this hand was poorly played (looking back on this session, the play looks indicitative of weak-tight play induced by tilt; I had an ugly run of cards to start but felt that the game was nice and soft and that the chips would come back over time... or not.), but now I wonder if this should have been three bet on the flop or on the turn (and bet the river, you asspipe). Or someone with FPS could argue that the play was genius, pumping the pot while getting the aggro player to defend my own hand -- but that's just silly. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Villan here is TAGgish (17/6/1.9), has shown to make your standard SSHE-learned moves (protecting made hands, pumping draws, etc.) and is a known 2+2 Micro-Limit poster. I will not out him, but I am curious as to what his line of thinking was during this hand, if he would like to provide that (via PM or publically -- is asking this violating some sacred rule of poker? Well, we're already violating several of them posting on 2+2...)

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Heroine is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (13 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, Heroine calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Heroine calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Heroine checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

-K

Sarge85
05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
If I'm in your shoes, I'd play it the same way I think. He seems to be saying he can beat TPTK, but I can't figure out what he would cold call with PF - pop you flop and turn - but wuss out the river.

The nine isn't threatning - he can't put you on KQ

Honestly the hand I would put him on is AJs he cold called with. or AK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif - but a TAG is 3 betting that PF

Curious

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SlantNGo
05-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I think you played it fine. TAG's play at first looked like something like K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, a strong draw on the flop turned into a very strong draw, but the river action shows that's not the case.

The next possibilities are AQs, AJs (very unlikely given card distribution), and a set. That river check is really strange though. It feels like AQs, which is an easy flop raise, and a questionable, but not terrible turn raise.

aK13
05-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Turn?