PDA

View Full Version : jeopardy

mostsmooth
05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
ken is in big trouble
it doesnt look like he can win from here.
he needs to finish $6200 ahead of brad, ouch

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Indeed Ken was in bad shape. It was already broadcasted here...

Spoiler in white:

<font color="white">Poor Ken... </font>

ClaytonN
05-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Brad Rutter is a freak

2+2 wannabe
05-25-2005, 07:46 PM
jeopardy is so stupid - the daily doubles and final question take nearly all the skill out of it and replace it with luck

that being said, ken jennings winning a million weeks in a row shows utter dominance

pshreck
05-25-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jeopardy is so stupid - the daily doubles and final question take nearly all the skill out of it and replace it with luck

that being said, ken jennings winning a million weeks in a row shows utter dominance

[/ QUOTE ]

that being said, its not really as much luck as you think.

ClaytonN
05-25-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How ignorant, no offense

2+2 wannabe
05-25-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How ignorant, no offense

[/ QUOTE ]

none taken

i'm just saying that you could have someone get 80% of the questions right, and someone could get 10% and, with the daily doubles/final question on their side, could beat the much more intelligent/dominant competitor

that's not even taking into consideration the timing aspect of the buzzer that the contestants have to manipulate

i just think the correlation between intelligence and jeopardy is highly overrated

2+2 wannabe
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that being said, its not really as much luck as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps

Bulldog
05-26-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't think he has ever lost on the show. His original appearance was when they still had the five-day cap. So who is the man?

Rutter 18-0
Jennings 78-2

*records estimated

Duke
05-26-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he has ever lost on the show. His original appearance was when they still had the five-day cap. So who is the man?

Rutter 18-0
Jennings 78-2

*records estimated

[/ QUOTE ]

I still vote for Secretariat.

~D

mostsmooth
05-26-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Rutter 18-0
Jennings 78-2

*records estimated

[/ QUOTE ]
jennings really lost 4 times, no?

Uglyowl
05-26-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The last show consisting of 3 days is only one loss.

Bulldog
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd think counting the finals loss as three losses would be like giving a hockey team three losses for losing each period.

tpir90036
05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brad Rutter is a freak

[/ QUOTE ]
And a huge dork who thinks he is funny/cool but is not:
http://www.inquizitive.com/

Make sure you check out the "about the host" page and this sweet clip (http://www.inquizitive.com/media/inquizitive.wmv).

mostsmooth
05-26-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i think monday and tuesday should count for more than 1/3 of a loss, and i like ken. they played a full game, only affected slightly by the fact the money is held over. brad wins all 3 days if they were regular games.

mostsmooth
05-26-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd think counting the finals loss as three losses would be like giving a hockey team three losses for losing each period.

[/ QUOTE ] no it would be like giving a hockey team one loss for each loss in a three game series.they lost the series, and they lost 3 games in the process.

Sponger15SB
05-26-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brad Rutter is a freak

[/ QUOTE ]
And a huge dork who thinks he is funny/cool but is not:
http://www.inquizitive.com/

Make sure you check out the "about the host" page and this sweet clip (http://www.inquizitive.com/media/inquizitive.wmv).

[/ QUOTE ]

In one of his UTOC matches he talks about how he is still single. I'm thinking its cause he hasn't came out of the closet yet.

Sponger15SB
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] no it would be like giving a hockey team one loss for each loss in a three game series.they lost the series, and they lost 3 games in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the jeopardy message board they are talking about how jennings has lost 4 in a row, so I'm going with that.

Alobar
05-26-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, oh my god, that was like watching a train wreck, it was so awful, yet I couldnt stop until it was over. bad bad bad

tpir90036
05-26-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, oh my god, that was like watching a train wreck, it was so awful, yet I couldnt stop until it was over. bad bad bad

[/ QUOTE ]
I like that every time they mention the name of the show they drop in a "with Brad Rutter" like he is some sort of household name. Dude needs to take some of his $$$, and do a bunch of drugs and hookers to make himself a little less robotic.

jstnrgrs
05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rutter 18-0
Jennings 78-2

*records estimated

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken's Record is 74-2 if you count the UTC final as one (74-4 if you count it as separate matches.)

I think multi-ay matches should only cout once because on any day other than the last day, you bet totally differently if FJ. (You are not nessesasarly trying to have the highest score after day one.)

I don't know what Brad's record is, but I would guess, 5 regular season wins + 3 TOC wins + 4 MDM wins, + 4 UTC wins = 16-0

jstnrgrs
05-26-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How ignorant, no offense

[/ QUOTE ]

none taken

i'm just saying that you could have someone get 80% of the questions right, and someone could get 10% and, with the daily doubles/final question on their side, could beat the much more intelligent/dominant competitor

that's not even taking into consideration the timing aspect of the buzzer that the contestants have to manipulate

i just think the correlation between intelligence and jeopardy is highly overrated

[/ QUOTE ]

Players who answer more questions correctly are more likely to get the Daily Doubles. I think this offests a lot of the luck.

The player with the lead going into FJ has a big advantage. This sets off more of the luck.

As for the buzzers, its part of the game. Jeopardy! is not just a test of knowledge, but also of buzzer ability. No one claims otherwise.

2+2 wannabe
05-26-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Players who answer more questions correctly are more likely to get the Daily Doubles. I think this offests a lot of the luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

true - but a lot of luck still remains

[ QUOTE ]
The player with the lead going into FJ has a big advantage. This sets off more of the luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed once again - but i find it ridiculous to have your entire first 2 rounds rely on a single final question

[ QUOTE ]
As for the buzzers, its part of the game. Jeopardy! is not just a test of knowledge, but also of buzzer ability. No one claims otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

people tend not to notice the impact the buzzers have - and it's significant

Bulldog
05-27-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rutter 18-0
Jennings 78-2

*records estimated

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken's Record is 74-2 if you count the UTC final as one (74-4 if you count it as separate matches.)

I think multi-ay matches should only cout once because on any day other than the last day, you bet totally differently if FJ. (You are not nessesasarly trying to have the highest score after day one.)

I don't know what Brad's record is, but I would guess, 5 regular season wins + 3 TOC wins + 4 MDM wins, + 4 UTC wins = 16-0

[/ QUOTE ]

So Brad went 4-0 in the UTC but Ken went 0-1? Wouldn't Ken be 3-1? (I don't really know how many rounds there were to this thing.)

jstnrgrs
05-27-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rutter 18-0
Jennings 78-2

*records estimated

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Brad went 4-0 in the UTC but Ken went 0-1? Wouldn't Ken be 3-1? (I don't really know how many rounds there were to this thing.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ken was given a bye into the finals, so yes, Brad went 4-0, and Ken went 0-1.